Author Topic: Revit to AutoCAD  (Read 1069 times)

TomREd

Revit to AutoCAD
« on: March 09, 2007, 05:14:13 PM »
Ok. I think I know the answer to my question already but I would like to test the water with the rest of you guys.

My firm is working with an Architect that is using strictly Revit. Revit is cool for the architect I understand that much, yet what I dont get is why in the hell wont the copy and paste work in ADT 3.3 (2000i). We struggle with these drawings every frickin update to the project. My workaround is to open the DWG exported from revit to 2004, and use 2004LT to copy and paste the stuff, and then I open that same file again in ADT3.3. When I get that far I would like to be able to copy and paste as normal.....but nooooo that doesn't work at all. So then I go and saveas to a R12.dxf, well after doing this typically I can then copy/paste as normal. But lately I have been seeing that this just doesn't work, So any copy and paste I do has to be done in 2004LT and then I reopen in ADT3.3 so that I can use the lisp routines that our company has been using forever.

There has to be a better way then this. And it just so happens that this specific Arch. has a reputation of making a wholesale change at the very end of the project....NOT AWESOME..... and then I have to go thru the whole frickin routine again. I have suggested to them that they try the hotfix that autodesk say fixes the problem, but no luck.

Please tell me there is a better way of doing this short of writing a script file to open each drawing save as dxf reopen...blahblahblah....

thanks to any help it would be greatly appreciated!

Oh yeah and the answer I think is just to get a new version of AutoCAD so I can export these to 2000 cause the Architect just refuses to save these down as he must open each individual drawing and export down to 2000 cause revit will not export to anything less then 2004. Damn AutoDESK damn them!

Kate M

Re: Revit to AutoCAD
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 05:48:53 PM »
Yeah, you're about due for an upgrade... :-D But in the meantime...DWG TrueConvert should save you a few headaches.