Author Topic: Microsoft XP updates & Acad2002  (Read 1324 times)

Biscuits

• Swamp Rat
Microsoft XP updates & Acad2002
« on: September 20, 2006, 11:56:01 AM »
We're using XP Professional with Acad 2002 and should be updating to Acad 2007 soon ( a relative term ). Our IS department has seen to it that we get automatic XP updates from Microsoft.

My question is:

Has enyone else experienced new bugs or irritants in ACAD due to Microsoft XP updates?

It only makes sense as XP continues to improve (another relative term) and we still rely on outdated Autocad 2002

Would appreciate any comments on this issue.

sinc

Re: Microsoft XP updates & Acad2002
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 06:35:48 PM »
There should not be any issues, but one can never be entirely certain.

The last update (AFAIK) that had any impact on Autocad was the one that restricted access to help files.  Microsoft did this sometime last year, because the Microsoft HTML Help system uses IE, and is therefore susceptible to any attack that can hit IE.  Microsoft's way around it was to change system defaults so that .chm files cannot be read over a network.  You probably only noticed this if you've added a company-specific MyHelp to Autocad, and you placed the MyHelp.chm file on a network server.  There is a workaround for it listed on Microsoft's web page.

Biscuits

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 01:53:09 PM »
Yeah I've already posted this once, but the problems continue as well as grown considerably.  I've got quite a collection of "print screen" and various notes for documentation. I am trying to convince the "powers that be" we are seriously in need of updated hardware & software but, it's like pushing a chain up hill. Just looking once again, to see if anyone has similar issues with their Acad. I need all the ammo I can get.

Arizona

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 02:04:38 PM »
It only makes sense as XP continues to improve (another relative term) and we still rely on outdated Autocad 2002
We run XP professional (complete with updates) and Acad 2000i with no issues at all
Well, except that it's 2000i :-)

pmvliet

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 02:39:55 PM »
I run 2002 LT and haven't had any issues with XP pro sp2 or any updates.

Are you sure that the issues you are seeing is coming from the operating system and not something else?
Not saying you are wrong, but just trying to look "over the fence"  :-D

Pieter

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 03:57:32 PM »
I have 2002 with all the SP's and hotfixes on 3 machines, 2 with XP-pro and the other with XP home, all are set to get auto updates and I have had no problems on any of them.