Author Topic: ADT ABS and ARX requirements  (Read 2454 times)

jjs

ADT ABS and ARX requirements
« on: March 05, 2007, 06:43:34 PM »
It seems you have to join ADN to get the OMF to use ARX with ADT and ABS. Is this correct? Also, if you do join the ADN, do you automatically get OMF, or do you pay more for this privilege?

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: ADT ABS and ARX requirements
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 10:24:45 PM »
........... Is this correct? Also, if you do join the ADN, do you automatically get OMF, ................

Long answer short .. Yes

You will find the OMF libraries in the Software and Downloads section of the ADN extranet under Autodesk Architectural Desktop Downloads. 

You will also find OMF documentation, labs, code samples and overview presentations in the Autodesk Architectural Desktop Knowledgebase Code Samples.

Added : and ...
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=3377116
With the OMF (available only to OMF-licensed members of the Autodesk Developer Network (ADN)), you will have the same tools the Autodesk Architectural Desktop programmers use to speed application development. You will also have access to the Autodesk Architectural Desktop objects. To license OMF, first join ADN at http://www.autodesk.com/joinadn.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 10:30:47 PM by Kerry Brown »
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

--> Donate to theSwamp<--

jjs

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 10:43:45 PM »
(available only to OMF-licensed members of the Autodesk Developer Network (ADN)), To license OMF, first join ADN
Sure makes it sound like I have to pay for ADN, then get a license for OMF (which I still don't know if I have to pay in addition to ADN).

Alexander Rivilis

• Bull Frog
  • Programmer from Kyiv (Ukraine)
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 04:27:55 AM »
(available only to OMF-licensed members of the Autodesk Developer Network (ADN)), To license OMF, first join ADN
Sure makes it sound like I have to pay for ADN, then get a license for OMF (which I still don't know if I have to pay in addition to ADN).
No additional payment (in current time). Only online license for downloading.

jjs

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 09:49:03 AM »
No additional payment (in current time). Only online license for downloading.
Thanks, that is helpful to know. Although I have to learn ObjectARX before I will spend the $1200.