Author Topic: Color of 3d model  (Read 5367 times)

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Color of 3d model
« on: February 27, 2007, 02:24:34 PM »
OK, why if I tell a 3d part to be color bylayer, does it hold a color from some previous session?  I set a part to bylayer, it looks like its bylayer, save and close, reopen and the part has reset to the color it was before.   :realmad: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Josh Nieman

Re: Color of 3d model
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 02:27:03 PM »
That's... pretty crazy.  I can't say I've encountered that.

Is it only in shaded or hidden views, or 2dWireframe as well? 

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 02:29:27 PM »
all views are colored.  Major pain

Also, on a side note, if you slice a solid, the faces of the slice become the color of the current layer
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 02:40:03 PM »
here is blk

Josh Nieman

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 02:51:56 PM »
all views are colored.  Major pain

Also, on a side note, if you slice a solid, the faces of the slice become the color of the current layer

Yea, I despise that.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 03:03:53 PM »
here is blk

When I open the drawing, it's shaded correctly.  I dunno.

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 05:01:35 PM »
When you say shaded correctly, do you get any gray or just black?

Josh Nieman

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 05:11:30 PM »
When you say shaded correctly, do you get any gray or just black?

Those that are on a white layer show as BLACK, and the nifty spires show gray as the layers would ...er ... yea, I just realized that they are BOTH on layer 0 and should show black.

I changed "show history" to 'no' just for poops and giggles to see if it'd change anything - nope.

In the attached image the one on the far upper right has color set to 9, not ByLayer... but the other two were still set to ByLayer oddly enough..

I changed color for all to ByBlock (just something OTHER than current setting) and then back to ByLayer.

Saved.

Closed.

Opened.

Everything is as needs to be.  (edit) meaning everthing is black now.

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 05:15:44 PM »
the one that was color 9 was a test to see if setting the first 2 to bylayer would cause anything funny to happen.  Sorry about that, I thought I uploaded the version where everything was bylayer.  So byblock worked huh...

<runs off to test this>