Author Topic: Folding Drawings  (Read 14484 times)

uncoolperson

Re: Folding Drawings
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2007, 05:54:21 PM »
If your place of employment does not fold plans, then you had no reason to make the post you did, as you don't have the experience in this type of thing.
giggle  :-) no offense to you Keith, ...but that just made me chuckle.  :-)

I just wish folks around here would stop rolling them up as tight as they can... with the printed side to the inside.
It's like trying to work with a slinkee.  :pissed:

I DESPISE THAT!

I am working with a set of D size that someone had done that too... I got a few hunks of steel on paper towels sitting on all the corners... but then I need to reference another sheet... OH NOES>!

pdfs and 2 monitors would be nice there right?

Birdy

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2007, 06:25:51 PM »
<boiiiiing!>

pmvliet

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2007, 09:34:46 PM »

Can you open 2 PDF's up at the same time to have one on the left monitor and the other on the right?
w/o expanding the PDF view to both monitors and then tiling the open PDF's. [Real Pain]

I guess in a simple term, when you open multiple PDF's, can you have it launch Adobe Reader for each instance?

Pieter

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2007, 10:21:34 PM »
I use Foxit and I can Pieter.  Don't know about Adobe.

uncoolperson

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2007, 11:29:33 PM »

Can you open 2 PDF's up at the same time to have one on the left monitor and the other on the right?
w/o expanding the PDF view to both monitors and then tiling the open PDF's. [Real Pain]

I guess in a simple term, when you open multiple PDF's, can you have it launch Adobe Reader for each instance?

Pieter
with some fighting sure...

Arizona

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2007, 06:39:57 AM »
So Lori.. How does Mr. Oce fold a 18x24 print  :-D

I hoenstly don't know if I've ever had to fold a 18x24 print...

Pieter
It is a configurable setting. The finished folded drawing can be
either an 8-1/2 x 11 or a 9 x 12. It is typically a tri-fold type method with the top folded down/back so title block is always on top and can be read easily if the drawings are in a folder. Mind you a typical project may have several hundred drawings associated with it, of which maybe 20-30 could be "C" sizes. When issued for construction, there may be 20 sets made and distributed, some need the prints rolled, some need folded, and some need flat and bound. This would be nearly impossible for our printshop operators to keep up with (50 - 75 jobs per day) if they had to run these sets each time they needed different types of output. Currently they run a complete set once, and tell the computer what they need. :-)

Bob Garner

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2007, 10:21:48 AM »
I like to roll 'em up really tight, drawing side in.  I mean really tight.  1/2" diameter if I can.  No less than four rubber bands around 'em, with the rubber bands twisted over and over the roll.  Leave them near an open window to pick up enough humidity for the drawings to take a set in this position.  Store them for a while under a stack of other real heavy drawings.  Preferably so the drawing roll is half squashed and no longer round.

Having said that, I feel much, much better.  I think it's gonna be a great day!

Roll 'em, roll 'em, roll 'em, keep them drawings rollin'.

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2007, 10:56:41 AM »
I like to roll 'em up really tight, drawing side in.  I mean really tight.  1/2" diameter if I can.  No less than four rubber bands around 'em, with the rubber bands twisted over and over the roll.  Leave them near an open window to pick up enough humidity for the drawings to take a set in this position.  Store them for a while under a stack of other real heavy drawings.  Preferably so the drawing roll is half squashed and no longer round.
:-D

Coffee stains can make them more "down to earth" as well.  :lmao:

pmvliet

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2007, 11:28:44 AM »
I use Foxit and I can Pieter.  Don't know about Adobe.

I'll need to look into Foxit...

Because Adobe makes it a real pain...

Thanks,
Pieter

pmvliet

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2007, 11:29:47 AM »

It is a configurable setting. The finished folded drawing can be
either an 8-1/2 x 11 or a 9 x 12. It is typically a tri-fold type method with the top folded down/back so title block is always on top and can be read easily if the drawings are in a folder. Mind you a typical project may have several hundred drawings associated with it, of which maybe 20-30 could be "C" sizes. When issued for construction, there may be 20 sets made and distributed, some need the prints rolled, some need folded, and some need flat and bound. This would be nearly impossible for our printshop operators to keep up with (50 - 75 jobs per day) if they had to run these sets each time they needed different types of output. Currently they run a complete set once, and tell the computer what they need. :-)

Isn't technology great! Thats pretty amazing. I've never worked at a place that had a folder that could do that.

Pieter

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2007, 11:44:28 AM »

Coffee stains can make them more "down to earth" as well.  :lmao:
Don't Forget the boot prints and the burn holes from weld splatter 
Ahhhh memories. 
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

Bob Garner

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2007, 01:21:48 PM »
Wine stains down here in So Cal

Josh Nieman

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2007, 01:25:52 PM »
Wine stains down here in So Cal

...that's just... "special"  *pat pat*

We've had budweiser stains... though I've been exposed to weld spatter, cigarette burns, lasered steel slag, coke stains, coffee, and once I had a now-n-later stuck to a print... I just had a new copy made...  *shakes head*

whdjr

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2007, 10:28:35 AM »
We had one employee a while back that folded a set of plans ... they no longer work here ...

Talk about someone being ANAL...  :pissed:

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2007, 10:38:26 AM »
We had one employee a while back that folded a set of plans ... they no longer work here ...

Talk about someone being ANAL...  :pissed:

Well ... he left under other circumstances .. mainly for failing to follow instructions repeatedly ... for example sending out plans snail mail when specifically instructed to send them fed-ex ... failing to fix markups on plans and sending them out for construction ... drinking alcohol before coming in to work ... spending too much time away from his desk ...

among other things
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie