Author Topic: Folding Drawings  (Read 14486 times)

M-dub

Folding Drawings
« on: February 19, 2007, 01:25:46 PM »
Here's a question for ya's.

How do you fold C-size (18" x 24", etc.) sheets?

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Re: Folding Drawings
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 01:30:06 PM »
Folding plot sheets is a cardinal sin punishable by death or extremely slow dismemberment. The first time you do it will be the last!
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

Josh Nieman

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 01:33:34 PM »
Always, Always, Always with the Title Block showing the lower right-hand corner up.  I was always taught to show the sheet number (which has always been in the lower right... anyone who does otherwise is looking for a fight) at least, if not the whole title block, when folding drawings.

We never work with C... always B and D.

Looking at the numbers, you should fold it in a manner that gives you a 9x12 piece... So I guess fold it in half twice, once each way, so that the number is showing.  I can't say for sure though.

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 01:37:07 PM »
Folding plot sheets is a cardinal sin punishable by death or extremely slow dismemberment. The first time you do it will be the last!

That was NOT the question.

I do think Josh is on to something though.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 01:38:52 PM by Greg B »

M-dub

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 01:37:32 PM »
A)  Agree that the drawing number should always be showing once folded.  If possible, the entire title block.

B)  We rarely do C-size, which is why I'm asking how to fold them.

We're basically trying 1/3 fold for the width (landscape) and 1/2 for the height.  Seems to look alright.  We want it to end up in a binder, so we're trying to get it as close to 8.5 x 11 as possible.

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 01:39:12 PM »

This does NOT answer the question.

I fold them so the job name shows.  Otherwise..... whatever fits in the envelope.

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 01:41:05 PM »
This does NOT answer the question.

I modified my answer before you posted this so na-na-na!

Since I did an answer already I can move on to a mutation.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 01:53:14 PM »

I thought it answered it quite well ....

The question was ... How do you fold

I do not fold them, I do not allow anyone in my office to fold them ... even if it is one sheet, it gets rolled so the drawing info from the title block is visible i.e. client name, sheet number, rev. date .. etc .. it is then placed in a tube specifically designed for plans (if there is a tube big enough) and delivered to the client.

We had one employee a while back that folded a set of plans ... they no longer work here ...
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

Arizona

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 01:54:24 PM »
We're basically trying 1/3 fold for the width (landscape) and 1/2 for the height.  Seems to look alright.  We want it to end up in a binder, so we're trying to get it as close to 8.5 x 11 as possible.
That is about what we do also (except we have a nice Oce that does this for us) :-)

M-dub

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 02:02:21 PM »
We had one employee a while back that folded a set of plans ... they no longer work here ...

"No Soup For You!!!"

Though, we often make the distinction between rolled sets and folded sets.  Unless folded ones are requested, they get them rolled.

That is about what we do also (except we have a nice Oce that does this for us) :-)

Must be nice!!! 

pmvliet

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 02:28:20 PM »
(except we have a nice Oce that does this for us) :-)

So Lori.. How does Mr. Oce fold a 18x24 print  :-D

I hoenstly don't know if I've ever had to fold a 18x24 print...

Pieter

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 02:38:55 PM »

I thought it answered it quite well ....

The question was ... How do you fold

I do not fold them, I do not allow anyone in my office to fold them ... even if it is one sheet, it gets rolled so the drawing info from the title block is visible i.e. client name, sheet number, rev. date .. etc .. it is then placed in a tube specifically designed for plans (if there is a tube big enough) and delivered to the client.

If your place of employment does not fold plans, then you had no reason to make the post you did, as you don't have the experience in this type of thing.

What you did do was make it seem like NOBODY should be folding plans.  This of course is wrong as we are instructed by one of the city planning departments to have plans folded.

So while it may be right for your situation, it is not correct for all situation, which you very clearly made it seem to be so.

It is also of my opinion that if Mike wanted to roll the sheets up then he would have not posted the question, but the situation required that he does fold the drawings.

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 02:41:12 PM »
What you did ...

Are you done?   :?

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 02:43:42 PM »

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2007, 02:45:30 PM »
sound familiar ?

Question:
How do I change the fanbelt on a Honda Civic;

Answer :

< 15 page rant on why you need to buy a Mac Truck. >

kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.