Author Topic: Printing solids in R14  (Read 1949 times)

M-dub

Printing solids in R14
« on: June 09, 2004, 09:34:55 AM »
Anyone with R14 ever had any problems printing solids?  Someone back in our office can't seem to get them to show up on the prints.  Since I'm not in the office, I can't really tell what's going on...Apparently FILLMODE is on...I just can't remember what happens with R14 (or imagine why someone would want to continue using it if they had an option to get SOMETHING newer).  Is there a system variable in 14 that affects the printing of solids?

Thanks a lot,
Mike

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Printing solids in R14
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 10:45:40 AM »
Are you talking about shaded solids? If so, I think Acad2004 is the first release to allow you to print a shaded solid. Otherwise, you will have to make a bitmap of the image and print it out.

Ron

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

M-dub

Printing solids in R14
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 11:30:28 AM »
Nope...just plain ol' solids.  ie; command: SOLID
I just told them to try a solid hatch instead and it worked, but it's still a mystery because he can print solids out from other drawings....

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
Re: Printing solids in R14
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 12:05:10 PM »
Quote from: M-dub
Anyone with R14 ever had any problems printing solids?  Someone back in our office can't seem to get them to show up on the prints.  Since I'm not in the office, I can't really tell what's going on...Apparently FILLMODE is on...I just can't remember what happens with R14 (or imagine why someone would want to continue using it if they had an option to get SOMETHING newer).  Is there a system variable in 14 that affects the printing of solids?

Thanks a lot,
Mike
<guess>Is your friend plotting with hidden lines removed? If so solids would probably appear as if fillmode were set to 0.</guess>.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

M-dub

Printing solids in R14
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 12:45:21 PM »
I hadn't thought of that...I'll check.

Have the tears dried yet?  (Thanks Flames Thanks)