Author Topic: Xref question.  (Read 1863 times)

hudster

• Gator
Xref question.
« on: June 08, 2004, 09:30:08 AM »
Is it possible to xref a single layer from a base drawing?

I need one layer from a drawing but don't want to hjave to freeze all the useless information off.

I would block it in, but it will be changing a lot so xref is a better option.
Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue

Slim©

• Needs a day job
  • The Dude Abides...
Xref question.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 10:09:18 AM »
If you have MAP, try using the query feature to select the layer then import it into your drawing. It can also be run again at a later time to update the line work.
I drink beer and I know things....

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
Xref question.
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 10:34:44 AM »
Perhaps the PartialOpen | PartiaLoad command(s) may provide the means to achieve what you want.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

Trev

Xref question.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 10:52:51 PM »
PartialOpen only refers to the current drawing you wish to open, PartiaLoad allows you to reselect a view or layers to show (on the already partialopen drawing)

How about LayerManager in express tools, you could save a list of layers you need Thawed/On, which of course isn't much good if your layer names vary from dwg to dwg or xref to xref.

It could be a handy thing to incorporate into the xref process. (Food for thought on creating a new xref program.)

Andrew H

Xref question.
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 01:39:18 PM »
Use the visretain command in the parent drawing to display the layer settings exactly like they're saved in the xref. Open the xref isolate the layer(s) you want to display (freezing all the others) and save. Open the parent drawing and there you have it. (all the other xref layers are there, but the xref displays exactly as you saved it.)