Author Topic: Help modifying incremental attribute numbering routines  (Read 2279 times)

ELOQUINTET

Help modifying incremental attribute numbering routines
« on: January 30, 2007, 03:47:29 PM »
We have had these routines for renumbering our motors and they work fine but I have been developing dynamic blocks with multiple visibility states to cover different scenarios. the problem is that with each visibility state the attribute must have a unique name and this screws up the routine. Take a look at the drawing which i think explains it better than i just have and let me know if this is possible or if you have any questions. Thanks

Dynamic Block tests

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
Re: Help modifying incremental attribute numbering routines
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 04:11:52 PM »
I think it can be done.  Here is my idea, not time to code, it's lunch time.
Get a selection set of all the blocks
If the 'effectivename' of the block is the one you want proceed
Use 'GetDynamicBlockProperties' to get a list of all the properties
Search through the lisp until you hit the proper named "Visibility"
Then get the 'value' of that property
Then add that value to the list of values if it isn't there, and put the blocks attribute to 1
If it is there, then change the value in the list to 1 plus (so 2 -> 3) and put the new value in the attribute.

Hope that is enough for someone to help.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 04:31:38 PM »
yeah this was why i began crying when i discovered that each visibility state needed a unique attribute name. I think tim gets the idea but not certain. there are probably several methods of doing the same thing it's just finding the best. I don't have time to do much with it now i just wanted to get everyone brainstorming. thanks tim

whdjr

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 04:53:15 PM »
Do you have to have a different attribute for each vis state or can you have one that moves when the length grows?

See example attached and circled.

whdjr

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 04:54:36 PM »
By the way can you explain more about what that block is and what you are trying to show with that block.  That is a very DB and has a lot of stuff in it.

Just trying to help.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 05:30:12 PM »
Okay first I will explain what this is. This block is how we indicate shades on our location plans. The rectangle indicates a shade roll. The I.E. stands for Idle End, The C.S. stands for Center Support and the M represents the motor the BO+Blackout or shadecloth type. Depending where the mullion falls the band width can vary. Will I like the idea in theory but I think there will need to be a point move parameter for each of the labels. As you rotate the shade to say 60 degrees the symbol gets too close to the tube. Another case is if the motor is to the right of the tube it will be possible to have it closer than if it is on the left because of the text on the right side. Also I want to leave it the because I am also developing radiused assemblies which will definitely require the manual move depending on the angle. If i could somehow have a single attribute whiile still having a point move for the motor I say YES. Thanks for your help I will analyze how you did that FMI.

whdjr

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 05:45:58 PM »
Sometimes simpler is better.  You might need to make two blocks - one for the stuff on the right (radius stuff) and one for the stuff on the left.

Let me know how you want to proceed and I'll help.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 05:54:21 PM »
I'll have to sleep on it will going home now thanks

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 10:17:47 AM »
I know what you mean will but it would be nice to not have to stop the renumbering routine in the middle because it's either radiused or left or right. I have a question though before I make any decisions. In your example when I rotate the shade the motor does not follow and there is no point/move associated with the motor. I'm just wondering how we would get the motor and it's text to remain horizontal when the shade is rotated without having a point/move associated with the motor. I will try to analyze your block more now that I have a minute.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 10:44:48 AM »
ok i think i answered some of my own questions. I discovered that you are using a lookup param which is associated with the visibility state and a linear move. I have added the linear to both the strech and rotate action and have it working. I will play with this for a bit and see how it goes thanks man. I tried to figure out lookup when i first started but never quite got it so i need to review.

whdjr

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 10:55:02 AM »
Dan,

It rotates the motor on the first setting.  I'll have to figure how to get the others to rotate.