Author Topic: rename layout tabs??  (Read 14605 times)

CADaver

rename layout tabs??
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2004, 06:49:57 PM »
Quote from: pmvliet
Well I have a couple reasons:

First I have a 1-button routine that will plot to any device/size paper
but it requires that Layout1 is named Layout 1
What happens to layout2??  BTW, look for PLOTTABS on these boards somewhere excellant tool for multiple layouts.

Secondly, when you create a plot file or PDF, AutoCad will put the file name and then put a -layout name. For a drawings named A-101.dwg with a layout called A-101, the plot file is A-101-A-101.plt. It gets to be a real nuisance.
Only if you accept the default at plotting.

Third, I see no real value and just takes time and more upkeep in a drawing. As soon as you do a saveas, if you don't go and update your layout name you will start getting inconsistencies. It just leads to errors.
If you name the layout something too specific and have to rename it, yes it takes time.  Or if you're going to rename the layout back to "Layout1, it takes time.  We use file numbers and Sheet numbers, the layouts are named after the sheet numbers and the file is the file name.  Accepting the default at plotting, we get <filename>-<sheetname> for individual pdf's.

We don't use SAVEAS, it brings all the previous drawing TIME with it.  We'll use a previous drawing as a prototype.

carry on, just curious.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
rename layout tabs??
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2004, 09:51:37 AM »
Just wanted to let you guys know I updated the vba routine to allow the user to designate a number to start numbering from. Check it out

http://theswamp.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=34725#34725

Ron   :D

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC