Author Topic: Method Not Found  (Read 1884 times)

quamper

Method Not Found
« on: January 19, 2007, 11:47:05 AM »
Background.. I've got an application that was written by someone else, that I'm now maintaining/updating. It was written for Acad 2002 in Visual Studio 2003. I was looking at migrating it to Acad 2007, so I installed the 2k7 demo changed the Type Library and ObjectDBX references to the new 2007 ones. Compiled it and ran perfect. Now I've upgraded/purchased 2007 and it's not as seamless....

So I'm getting 2 errors when I go to insert a block that I've created:
Method not found: AutoCAD.AcadBlockReference AutoCAD.IAcadBlock.InsertBlock(System.Object, System.String, Double, Double, Double, Double)
Method not found: AutoCAD.AcadBlockReference AutoCAD.IAcadModelSpace.InsertBlock(System.Object, System.String, Double, Double, Double, Double)

From what I can tell it creates the block definition, because I can do an Insert and I see the block name listed in the autocad dialog, but when I insert it using the dialog nothing appears on screen, so I'm thinking the geometry/properties didn't get added to the block definition.

So I went through and recreated a small snippit of the program real quick as a new Visual Studio project doing the bare essentials of defining a new block, adding geometry, properties, etc.. And then inserting it.

I compile that, run it and no problems at all. So apparently I've screwed something up somewhere, I'm wondering if someone can point me in the general direction I should be looking for the problem. And also any clue as to why I didn't get any problems when I did the exact same steps with the Autocad Demo vs. Standard install, I'm pretty sure I wasn't imaging it before  :angel:?

Thanks.

quamper

Re: Method Not Found
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 01:20:33 PM »
It looks like there was maybe a problem compiling that it wasn't telling me about so it was running an old build.. really wierd...

So I think I got that resolved :)