Author Topic: Plottabs help  (Read 10615 times)

ELOQUINTET

Re: Plottabs help
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2007, 10:14:25 AM »
hey cab so you said you were able to get it to work, what batch processor are you using if any? i have looked and looked and discovered that if i check the test run option and create the script the qsaves aren't there but when i run it it has the same results only one drawing is processed. i have posted my questions on their forum but it's not real active so... I just wondered how you got it to work on your end? thanks

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2007, 04:03:20 PM »
I just pasted the code in a text file saved as scr. Then typed script at the command prompt.
If all you need is a front end to pick the dwg files to run the scrit on you can use the routine
by Tim Willey.
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2007, 10:15:59 AM »
CAB,
When you say the routine by Tim Willey do you mean the RealDwg he referred to earlier in this post or something else he wrote? I've been talking to the batch script guy and can't get his program to open the second drawing but i'm curious as to why it's not working more than anything. I looked at RealDwg but it costs money :| is there a free version or something? A little confused...

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2007, 10:24:30 AM »
No Tim wrote a lisp to create script files. If Tim doesn't mind I'll post a modified version here.
The limitation i see in this lisp is the ability to pick dwg files from differant folders. it is designed to process all dwg files found in the user picked folder. It can be changed to allow picking specific files in one folder but picking files from more than one folder requires more programing. At present I don't have a routine to do that.

Please post you current script file so I can See if I can determine why it's stopping.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2007, 10:41:17 AM »
ok cab i tried your approach by creating the batch script via hurricane then pasted that into a text file and running it from autocad. again it printed the first file but didn't open the second. :cry: i posted the script below for you to review. i'd appreciate Tim's routine and thank Tim for writing and sharing it with us :-)

_OPEN
"d:\Drawings\M-2630EM ONE CHRISTINA CRESCENT\COMPLETE SUBMISSION\DETAILS.dwg"
(if (or sub_plottabs (/= (load "plottabs.lsp" "fail") "fail"))
  (foreach ps  '(("d-prot-500ps" nil 1) ("d-prot Xerox510" t 5) ("d-prot-800" nil 1) ("small_copy" nil 3) ("HP LASER 11x17" nil 1))
    (setq *ptdebug* t)                                                                           
    (sub_plottabs (list  (car ps)  (nth 2 ps) "Tab" (cadr ps) nil t t "~" nil nil t T "" "*"))                                                                         
  )
  (princ "\nCould not load PlotTabs.lsp or plotHelper.lsp")
)
close
Y
_OPEN
"d:\Drawings\M-2464EM\M-2464EF\umdnj elevations.dwg"
  (foreach ps  '(("d-prot-500ps" nil 1) ("d-prot Xerox510" t 5) ("d-prot-800" nil 1) ("small_copy" nil 3) ("HP LASER 11x17" nil 1))
    (setq *ptdebug* t)                                                                           
    (sub_plottabs (list  (car ps)  (nth 2 ps) "Tab" (cadr ps) nil t t "~" nil nil t T "" "*"))                                                                         
  )
  (princ "\nCould not load PlotTabs.lsp or plotHelper.lsp")
)
close
Y

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2007, 10:53:46 AM »
First thing to do is to reverse the file order & see if the "d:\Drawings\M-2464EM\M-2464EF\umdnj elevations.dwg"
will print. Some times it's not the exit of the previous drawing but the failure of the next drawing.

I'm thinking you may need to replace the "Y" after CLOSE with this:
Code: [Select]
(If (or (> (logand 1 (getvar "CmdActive")) 0)
        (> (logand 2 (getvar "CmdActive")) 0))
  (command "Y"))

Reason being that if there was no change in the drawing the prompt to "Abandon Changes" does not happen.
I haven't tested this yet, just looking for a reason it quit on the first drawing.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2007, 11:22:26 AM »
cab the logic makes sense but it still did not print the second batch of drawings. i may be getting ahead of myself a little but it's somewhat relevent now too. is it easy to modify the code to only print to a couple printers for now (i.e. small copy and 800) until we get it working because i'm running around like a madman trying to cancel everything when it doesn't work. one of the printers is not even in the same area of the building as i am so i'm sure drawings are piling up by project management with all this testing i'm doing  :-o.

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2007, 12:01:57 PM »
Change this
  (foreach ps  '(("d-prot-500ps" nil 1) ("d-prot Xerox510" t 5) ("d-prot-800" nil 1) ("small_copy" nil 3) ("HP LASER 11x17" nil 1))   to this

(foreach ps  '( ("d-prot-800" nil 1) ("small_copy" nil 3))

For my test I just use this:
(foreach ps  '(("Adobe Arch D" nil 1)("Adobe Arch E1" nil 1))which just creates a pdf file, no printer involved.

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2007, 07:42:43 PM »
Sorry wasn't at work today, so I haven't checked the site.  Alan you can post the changes to the BScript program I wrote all you want.  It's fine with me.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2007, 07:53:43 PM »
Thanks Tim.

Do you have a lisp for user pick of files from multiple folders?

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2007, 11:47:32 PM »
Dan,
Give this a try.
_OPEN
  (foreach ps  '(("d-prot-800" nil 1) ("small_copy" nil 3))                                                                           
  )
)
qsave
close
_OPEN
"d:\Drawings\M-2464EM\M-2464EF\umdnj elevations.dwg"
  )
)
qsave
close
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 11:48:44 PM by CAB »

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2007, 09:04:07 AM »
cab sigh it still only printed the first drawing  :cry:

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2007, 09:31:33 AM »
Boy this is frustrating!
Use this in the script, when it stops, post the command line history.
Perhaps it will give a clue.
_OPEN
    (setq *ptdebug* t)
  )
)

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2007, 11:01:59 AM »
Thanks Tim.

Do you have a lisp for user pick of files from multiple folders?

Not really, but one could be written.  I would select the directory, then select the files to process from said directory, then add them to a list (path and name).  Then open up the directory select again, if cancel start the comamnd, if not do the same thing as above, repeat until cancel is hit.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2007, 11:15:26 AM »
Yes, that was my thought too & perhaps a DCL picklist to display the selected files with a delete button to remove any unwanted files.
Too busy at the moment though.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 11:17:01 AM by CAB »