Author Topic: Dual Monitors  (Read 31098 times)

M-dub

Re: Dual Monitors
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2007, 01:24:06 PM »
We had dual monitors when I first started.  One was a 17" NEC and the other was our choice of either Green or Amber monochrome 13".  (I'm guessing on the size of the mono... it was small, anyway)

Regardless of its size, dual monitors is GREAT with Microstation.

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2007, 01:59:57 PM »
We had dual monitors when I first started.  One was a 17" NEC and the other was our choice of either Green or Amber monochrome 13".  (I'm guessing on the size of the mono... it was small, anyway)

Regardless of its size, dual monitors is GREAT with Microstation.
There is joke in there somewhere.
Oh well Mav or Greg will find it and make use of it.
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

CADaver

« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2007, 04:33:14 PM »
I have a 24" widescreen which is awesome...
That's what I have at home, and the direction I wanted to go corporately, but I was out-voted by the Microstation crowd in one of our other offices.

I think MicroStation and its overabundance of pop-up menus necessitates two screens. You really didn't see any improvements, dead guy?
if you choose to live with Msta out of the box, yes it can be an extreme screen hog.  However a little thoughtful planning and custom pull downs can reduce the screen clutter tremendously and really improve productivity. That said Msta and PDS are the primary reason for the wide format monitor, the extra room for screen hogging crud.