Author Topic: Sharing partial MNS in 2007  (Read 9659 times)

sinc

Re: Sharing partial MNS in 2007
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2007, 12:26:39 AM »
sinc,

Just curious, have you looked at PowerCADD by Engineered Software? It's Mac only CAD program with a loyal following dating back to around 1988. It was called PowerDraw back then, when I used it.

No.  But I've seen a few other CAD programs on the Mac, too, and there's at least a couple that have done 3D drawing (like what Autodesk added to Autocad 2007) for quite some years now.  Easier to use than Autocad, too.

But I suppose I should've added that I need a Civil package.  I'm using Civil-3D these days, so I would find it terribly difficult to use anything that is not model-based.  I've actually been toying with the idea of creating one, a framework-based solution that is true multi-user for EVERYTHING, but it would be a large enough effort that I'd have to start a company in order to manage it.  If Apple ever made their OS run on ANY machine that can run Windows, I'd feel a lot better about tackling the job, since practically the entire industry is using Windows machines, and no one would be very interested in switching to new software if it required trashing their PCs for Macs.  But creating a multi-user CAD program would be quite difficult without being able to leverage EOF, and EOF only exists on Mac OSX these days.  So the effort would be prohibitively difficult on Windows.

GDF

• Water Moccasin
Re: Sharing partial MNS in 2007
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2007, 09:23:13 AM »
I think you can get around this if you can combine all the icons in "acmap.DLL" and "land.DLL" into a single file called "CompanyLand.DLL", but I'm not entirely sure how to do that.

I use ResHacker.exe "Resourse Hacker" to compile my custom dll file of bitmap images for my toolbar. If this is what you are talking about.
This is where I first found the program.      http://www.afralisp.net/

As to using the cui editor...I don't. Even in 2007 I edit the mnu file and compile it using the cui editor (this is the only time I use it). Still works great.
We have our company menu files on the network...and nobody messes with them but me. We figure that if a toolbar or menu pull down item needs
to be added then everone should have access to it. All of my menus have their own dll file containing the toolbar bitmaps. Been doing it this way for
eight years now, and I'm too old to change...

Gary's 2 cents worth
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 09:26:16 AM by Gary Fowler »
Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over?
BricsCAD 2020x64 Windows 10x64