Author Topic: Getting rid of the "Educational product" message  (Read 18692 times)

iliekater

Getting rid of the "Educational product" message
« on: December 17, 2006, 09:26:04 AM »
In the last years I face a great problem without managing to solve it . You see , many of my drawings , when printed , have around them a printed message saying "Produced by an eductional program" . This problem occurs becouse I have copied inside them some blocks which I made years ago in an older version of AutoCAD . I can't avoid inserting those blocks becouse they are too many and took me too long to make them . The version I am using now is not educational , so can I get rid of that message ?
At least I wish I could get rid of that message on my initial drawing which contains all objects that I made as blocks , so that I can remake them ...

Dinosaur

Re: Getting rid of the "Educational product" message
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 10:37:01 AM »
The last I knew, the only way to get rid of this was to enlist your reseller and present your case to Autodesk which will get you a one-time fix.  I think only the reseller can run the fix for you.

iliekater

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 03:32:00 PM »
They claim to know anything ...

paulmcz

• Bull Frog
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 04:13:32 PM »
In the last years I face a great problem without managing to solve it . You see , many of my drawings , when printed , have around them a printed message saying "Produced by an eductional program" . This problem occurs becouse I have copied inside them some blocks which I made years ago in an older version of AutoCAD . I can't avoid inserting those blocks becouse they are too many and took me too long to make them . The version I am using now is not educational , so can I get rid of that message ?
At least I wish I could get rid of that message on my initial drawing which contains all objects that I made as blocks , so that I can remake them ...

Save the drawing as R12.dxf. Open the R12.dxf and save it as whatever.dwg. The message should disappear.

MickD

• King Gator
  • (x-in)->[process]->(y-out) ... simples!
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 04:20:07 PM »
Another option I've read somewhere is that opening using 'recover' and saving again in some versions will fix it. Another option is to do the same using an Intellicad product (or OpenDWG perhaps) that seems to fix it.
hth
"Programming is really just the mundane aspect of expressing a solution to a problem."
- John Carmack

"Short cuts make long delays,' argued Pippin.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien

iliekater

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 05:16:21 PM »
Oh , it seems I once again wrote something wrong . In my previouw post I meant "They say they DON'T know anything" .
Anyway ,I  will try this next morning on the berou . However , I wonder if AutoCAD 2004 , which we use , will giv me the opportunity to save on R12 format ... I also thought of saving on other format or even opening the dwg file with other pogram , but I thought you would lough if I'd say that !

MickD

• King Gator
  • (x-in)->[process]->(y-out) ... simples!
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 05:43:47 PM »
just remember to use 'recover' to open them ;)
"Programming is really just the mundane aspect of expressing a solution to a problem."
- John Carmack

"Short cuts make long delays,' argued Pippin.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 05:49:27 PM »
You see , many of my drawings , when printed , have around them a printed message saying "Produced by an eductional program" . The version I am using now is not educational , so can I get rid of that message ?

Not while remaining compliant with your EULA.

Arizona

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 07:18:45 PM »
Can you attach one of the files?
I'd be willing to see how Microstation handles it. :-)

paulmcz

• Bull Frog
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 07:30:07 PM »
Can you attach one of the files?
I'd be willing to see how Microstation handles it. :-)

... or ProgeCAD maybe?

CADaver

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 10:23:16 PM »
If you wopuld read your EULA, you would find that using elements created with an educational version of the product in a commercial file is a violation of that agreement.  Continuing to use those blocks can get your license revoked..  They must be re-built using a commercial version of the product.

iliekater

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 08:18:22 AM »
It seems that the problem was solved simply by saving the file on an R12 dxf format and reopening and saving it as dwg !

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006, 08:24:27 AM »
It seems that the problem was solved simply by saving the file on an R12 dxf format and reopening and saving it as dwg !

That still doesn't exempt a user from the EULA.

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2006, 08:27:37 AM »
If you wopuld read your EULA, you would find that using elements created with an educational version of the product in a commercial file is a violation of that agreement.  Continuing to use those blocks can get your license revoked..  They must be re-built using a commercial version of the product.

What would be the purpose of this I wonder?  Are there entities that come with the educational package that don't come with the full version?  I just can't see why that would be an issue on Autodesk's part.

Arizona

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2006, 08:56:14 AM »
It does make you wonder... is a line a line regardless of which version?
And how far do you have to go to re-create these? I mean is copy/pasting sufficient or would you make them re-draw each line. I guess the question is:
who really owns these files? Autodesk?