Author Topic: Draughting Efficiency  (Read 7305 times)

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
Re: Draughting Efficiency
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2006, 02:28:35 PM »
Other than what you've posted, no.  But that begs a question.. Why DID you post the list?

1, To show that I can write custom commands that have flatulence humor imbedded in them.

2, To point out that sometimes people need to perform other duties at their job that might be just as important but do not show up in any command log

3, Logs, can’t be used to evaluate the value of an employee.

Other than the glancing over a command log every so often, the type of command logging being discussed here does not add value to the product and that time would be better spent on the project. There are other means of identifying constraints and evaluating both managers and cad monkeys.

Dan

Didge

• Bull Frog
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2006, 03:03:37 PM »
How do you know my code is dodgey?

I don't Dan, I was just having a laugh with you, hence the wink.

How do you know the one command like (C:CABSEC) doesn’t move me 300 steps forward?

Good question, I experienced exactly this dilema with some of my software. Most of my recent software tends to avoid using "command" calls favouring "entmakes" for example, unfortunately my earlier stuff that I still rely upon quite heavily has quite liberal doses of "command", each one of these would register as a count.  The reason for logging will dictate whether these automated counts are included or not, but a simple count disable call at the beginning of the code and a count enable call at the end can temporarily bypass the count.
Think Slow......

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2006, 03:57:40 PM »
Now that I have had a cup of coffee
(command "UNDO" "BEGIN")
(command "UNDO" "END")
Could probably be done without firing the logger
Ok so it’s dodgey  :oops:

Didge

• Bull Frog
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2006, 04:44:13 PM »
(vla-StartUndoMark (vla-Get-ActiveDocument (vlax-Get-Acad-Object)))

(vla-EndUndoMark (vla-Get-ActiveDocument (vlax-Get-Acad-Object)))
Think Slow......

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2006, 05:27:59 PM »
Other than what you've posted, no.  But that begs a question.. Why DID you post the list?

1, To show that I can write custom commands that have flatulence humor embedded in them.

2, To point out that sometimes people need to perform other duties at their job that might be just as important but do not show up in any command log

3, Logs, can't be used to evaluate the value of an employee.

Other than the glancing over a command log every so often, the type of command logging being discussed here does not add value to the product and that time would be better spent on the project. There are other means of identifying constraints and evaluating both managers and cad monkeys.

Dan

Daniel, I agree one hundred percent.

The thing that hasn't been discussed here of course is the availability of people who have the requisite skills to READ and EVALUATE a command log.

kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.