Author Topic: C# & C3D  (Read 13787 times)

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: C# & C3D
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2006, 04:59:59 AM »
I just subscribed to the C3D Groups to have a sticky-beak ...

Peter Funk, Civil 3D Product Manager from Autodesk, sure sems to be hands on. It would be great if the language customisation for Vanilla received that sort of attention.
I know this has probably been said before, but if, as stated, " most of [our] API
development efforts are focused on .NET" the  quality and scope of available documentation really needs to be addressed. 

Good fortune with your endevour Jeff ..

kwb

kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2006, 05:19:37 AM »
Thanks, Kerry. Your comment about the documentation is right on the money. The documents are almost too good as far as the individual properties/methods/objects are concerned....but there is little to no documentation on how to actually use them. The ActiveX API for LandDesktop, and even ADT, was relatively easy to get into. This C3D was described quite aptly by Laurie Comerford (from down your way) as :
Quote from: Laurie
For short term development in Civil 3D, the help available for VBA is so
much more extensive than for any of the .NET applications that only a
masochist or full time professional programmer would move to them yet.
..and that is from someone who codes much more than I.....

LE

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2006, 11:45:53 AM »
Hey Jeff, glad that you now are moving into a new software language... have fun!

By the way, I never have seen any code by Laurie, where is it?

Thanks.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2006, 03:05:10 PM »
Laurie only frequents the Civil3D and LandDesktop Autodesk forums. He works for CadApps Australia. All the code he has posted is in VBA only. I think part of his cynicism towards the .NET languages is due to his approaching retirement. :-)