Author Topic: Revit Systems  (Read 3072 times)

Revit Systems
« on: December 06, 2006, 06:29:06 AM »
Is anyone using Revit Systems to create MEP drawings?
Do you like it?  Is it easy?  Pros/cons?

I going to start looking at it later this week and was wondering what experience others have had with it.

Thanks.

Dilbert

Re: Revit Systems
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 11:00:18 PM »
Revit Systems is an interesting product. I believe it's ready when it comes to mechanical systems, but it could use more hardware when it comes to electrical and it's plumbing features are new. It will be an excellent product in another year or two (its excellent in capabilities currently). But its still in its early years and developing content so currently I tell people that its a good product, but Autodesk Building Systems is likely the better product at the moment. BUT 1-2 years from now Revit Systems will be far and away the program to go to and use.

In short: Don't be afraid of it, it can work well for you. But it's still a young program and it's rapidly improving and gaining features so it's possible that TODAY (depending on what you do and your architectural design program) ABS (Autodesk Building Systems) may be a better fit for you.

EDIT: I notice you currently use ABS and ADT... that being said, I'd likely stick with ABS for another year then make the move unless you are working with others that use Revit extensively.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 11:02:28 PM by Dilbert »

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 09:09:02 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.  I've messed around with the demo of RS... I like it.  I like it a LOT!!  I'm already sold on it.... no layers, no ctb's.... The tough part will be selling the other users on it, but if this is where the Principles of the firm want to start heading (full-blown BIM), then I guess they won't have much of a choice.

Thanks again!

Dilbert

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 03:38:18 PM »
I'm glad you liked what you saw!  If it meets your needs in terms of content then it will definately meet your needs in terms of ease of use and ability to do what you want.  Hopefully you'll be able to get it in your office.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 03:39:25 PM by Dilbert »

jjs

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 04:01:34 PM »
For electrical, ask if it can subfeed a panelboard from another panelboard.