Author Topic: Xref tool palette  (Read 2791 times)

Xref tool palette
« on: December 06, 2006, 06:27:29 AM »
Has anyone noticed the new xref tool palette NOT indicating which drawing(s) need to be reloaded while the classic xref manager does? Is there a fix/variable for this?  I'm using ABS 2007 (which is loaded with problems itself - this may be somehow related).

The balloon notification pops up stating that an xref needs to be reloaded, but that's all.  Even clicking the REFRESH button doesn't do anything.

Thanks.

sinc

Re: Xref tool palette
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 12:28:14 PM »
Has anyone noticed the new xref tool palette NOT indicating which drawing(s) need to be reloaded while the classic xref manager does? Is there a fix/variable for this?  I'm using ABS 2007 (which is loaded with problems itself - this may be somehow related).

The balloon notification pops up stating that an xref needs to be reloaded, but that's all.  Even clicking the REFRESH button doesn't do anything.

Thanks.

Have you noticed it actually failing to load the XREF?

The usual problem that I notice is that it pops up the notification even when it isn't necessary...  I've actually taken to completely ignoring the baloon (which is generally fine, because we very rarely actually have more than one person working in a project at once, so it's almost-always a bogus message...)

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 01:01:14 PM »
It will load the xref, it just doesn't say that it needs to be reloaded (when it needs to be).

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 01:07:53 PM »
It will load the xref, it just doesn't say that it needs to be reloaded (when it needs to be).

I turn the foolish balloon off.  It annoyed me.

Typically there is only one person working on a project.  I typical reload after making the changes.  I will keep an eye out for it.

I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

Dinosaur

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 01:41:26 PM »
I can't find a way to determine which xref needs to be reloaded if there are multiple ones being used, but a right click on the icon gives me an option to reload all of the xrefs.  I don't know if it is any better than before or just different, but it seems to work.  There is a variable that will take you back to the old xref manager but I can't find it at the moment.  I will look some more and post it if I find it.

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 01:43:01 PM »
There is a variable that will take you back to the old xref manager...

CLASSICXREF and CLASSICIMAGE

I've already modified my PGP file.  :)

I just wish I knew why the xref tool palette is acting all goofy!

Dinosaur

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 01:54:31 PM »
Yep, I just found it myself.  Actually they are commands as you found out.  I am still not sure which one I prefer.  What else is your tool palette doing?

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 02:02:33 PM »
Everything seems to be working fine except for the notification.  It just won't tell me that a drawing needs to be reloaded.

Here's a screen shot of what I'm referring to.  This is my LDT Xref TP (which works fine).  See where it says "Needs reloading"?  My ABS Xref TP doesn't show that!  It doesn't work on ANYONES computer.

Dinosaur

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 02:18:12 PM »
It must be isolated to ABS or something because it works here with both vanilla and Civil 3D.  I don't even have LDT 2007 loaded to check that.

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 03:54:33 PM »
Everything seems to be working fine except for the notification.  It just won't tell me that a drawing needs to be reloaded.

Here's a screen shot of what I'm referring to.  This is my LDT Xref TP (which works fine).  See where it says "Needs reloading"?  My ABS Xref TP doesn't show that!  It doesn't work on ANYONES computer.

In ADT, I had a "Needs Reloading" Flag that would not go away.  No matter how I reloaded the Xref. 

I have routine that loads and & unloads a user selected xref that I go from someone here.  So I very seldom use the palette for reloading.   
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

sinc

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 08:58:10 PM »

In ADT, I had a "Needs Reloading" Flag that would not go away.  No matter how I reloaded the Xref. 

I have routine that loads and & unloads a user selected xref that I go from someone here.  So I very seldom use the palette for reloading.   

In LDT, I discovered that if that happened, I could make it go away by unloading and reloading the XREF.  I could also make it go away by opening and saving the XREF, which seemed to trigger a real reload.