Author Topic: VBAIDE- Missing Reference problem  (Read 2165 times)

Matersammichman

VBAIDE- Missing Reference problem
« on: December 05, 2006, 01:39:18 PM »
I utilize several Dell PC's that load and run a particular vba (dvb) file.
I have a problem with some of these PC's coming up with a "Missing Reference" problem. More specifically it is the "Autocad focus control for vba type library" reference that is always the missing culprit. The quick fix is simple enough from within the vbaide- just uncheck the "References"\"Missing" checkbox and it works fine, but that's not a real fix. Any ideas how to fix this, and why this happens only on some machines? :?

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Re: VBAIDE- Missing Reference problem
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 01:53:54 PM »
Are you using the AutoCAD Focus control? If not then you should disable it in the dvb and redistribute the dvb. One problem would be referencing a library that is not needed. The bigger problem of the missing library would be that it is either not registered or the programming that contained the type library was never installed or was removed.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

Matersammichman

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 03:06:01 PM »
Nope, that's not it.
Pulled out all the extraneous refs and still have the same problem. :-(

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 03:16:53 PM »
you misunderstand ... If you are not using the AutoCAD Focus control library, then you can unselect it in the dvb (make sure to save it), then redistribute the dvb. If you are using the type library, then you should determine what program installs the focus control and either install it or repair the installation. If the control is there, it may not be registered, so you would need to use the regsvr32 utility to register it. Of course it may simply be located in a different location on the other machines too, in that case it may not find it.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie