Author Topic: Tool Palettes  (Read 1399 times)

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
Tool Palettes
« on: December 01, 2006, 06:45:49 AM »
Hi all

Now I may be VERY behind here, but I am just getting into the tool palettes. Are there any major difficulties with them. Until yesterday I had previously only used them as a block library.

Scenario.
We have custom styles for road markings. Each linestyle is currently loaded and used from a local office pull-down, all the parameters are set (such as layer and width etc) I was trying to figure out a cleaner/quicker way of doing it, and making sure the layers and linetypes are always drawn on the correct layers, and then reset after. I figured out with very little head-scratching how this is done with tool palettes :-) (look ma, no coding questions asked :-D)

This looks like just the thing I am looking for. However... before I get too far down the road of creating and organising all the information we use, I would like to know if people are experiencing any problems with having coded "stuff" in the tool palettes, or is this what they were designed for?

Thanks in advance
Tracey
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.

daron

Re: Tool Palettes
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 11:05:56 AM »
They're great. When they first came out, they were pretty buggy, but I think they have mostly been fixed. One thing you might do, is move an item onto one, right-click it and hit properties. In there you will see some things that should give you more ideas of what can be accomplished with TP's. I use the insert to dimscale option on a few blocks, especially annotation blocks.