Author Topic: DB flipper not working  (Read 2621 times)

whdjr

DB flipper not working
« on: November 18, 2005, 10:07:35 AM »
Has anybody else had problems with their DB flips not being flipped when they are in another flip action?

I am having my horizontal flip location not relocate when it is included in another action.
Any ideas?

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Re: DB flipper not working
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 10:26:33 AM »
Post your block Will.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

whdjr

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 10:34:55 AM »
I posted a drinking fountain although it does it in all my blocks, I believe.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 11:39:07 AM »
I'm not sure why it's not working. I'll take a look at it more later.

Custom Build PC

Lin-Z

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 12:07:40 PM »
Ummm.. history says I'm probably doing something wrong, but I can't even get the drawing to stay open.  It opens up, I click, I automatically get the request to open the block editor and poof it's gone.  A recover opens a drawing with an exploded block... something funky's goin' on.  Will play with it some more.

Edit:  Ah-ha!

1.  Civil 3D has taken an ealry weekend

2.  Leave the parameter and action where they are and move the actual symbol for the flip onto the back of the drinking fountain. then you can't tell if it's being left behind or not because it stays somewhere on the line no matter which way you flip.

Doesn't fix the "why ain't it.." but no one else has to know it isn't working  :-P
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 12:19:21 PM by Lin-Z »

whdjr

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 12:34:24 PM »
That's not the issue Lin-Z.  The flipper works fine it just doesn't move when it is told to move by another action.

Jakes GrandPa

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 11:52:40 PM »
How long has it been since you did a complete virus, and other nasty things, scan? Or maybe just reboot....

whdjr

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2005, 07:31:02 AM »
How long has it been since you did a complete virus, and other nasty things, scan? Or maybe just reboot....

I run an avg virus scan every morning.  I don't think this is an issue either GrandPa because it's like this on every DB I make that has opposing flip actions.  It has never worked that I know of.

Thanks guys

Serge J. Gianolla

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005, 08:12:19 PM »
Silly question - maybe - but since you have the alignment grip for contact point with a wall, why do you need to have a flip action here?

whdjr

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 11:01:10 AM »
Silly question - maybe - but since you have the alignment grip for contact point with a wall, why do you need to have a flip action here?

When I first started making these blocks I just used garphical data and no text.  Now I am adding attributes to almost all my blocks and the flippers were already there.  The alignment points were also added after the original block construction on some of my blocks.  So I guess maybe it's not needed I would just need to evaluate the need in each block.  It's probably overkill to have both.  But regardless they should both work, right?

Serge J. Gianolla

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2005, 03:15:17 PM »
But they both work as intended! Unless i am missing something - and it would not be the first time  :-D
Your vertical line as flippin' axis has the grip located on it, but the grip for the horizontal flipping axis is say 100mm below the axis, therefor after clicking it, it will find itself same distance away in opposite direction.

whdjr

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2005, 05:18:17 PM »
But they both work as intended! Unless i am missing something - and it would not be the first time  :-D...

Yeah I think you might be missing the problem just a little.  When I insert the DB and then flip it using the vert.. flipper it flips the entire block but when I flip it using the horz. flipper it doesn't flip the vert. flipper.  Understand?

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2005, 05:27:19 PM »
Will,

I think understand what you are trying to explain and it does not work over here either (the minimal testing I did on your block). When you flip horizontal you want the vertical flip node to mirror with the rest of the objects right?

Ron

Custom Build PC

whdjr

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2005, 05:52:54 PM »
Right!  Thanks for lettin' me know I'm crazy. :lol:
                                                    ^ NOT

edit by will
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 05:58:09 PM by whdjr »

Serge J. Gianolla

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2005, 08:27:39 PM »
I am with you now!
In Parameter Sets, play with Flip Set. There must be method in the madness of using it! - hard to control, but at least it flips to other side of axis. Needs fine tuning. If you find the way to control it, let us know.