Author Topic: block isolate  (Read 16020 times)

Dent Cermak

block isolate
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2003, 10:51:48 AM »
Paper Clip ?? I just tried 3 different settings and there ain't no paper clip yet. Must have been on that page where we could clip avatars from our own computers. Where ever that went.  :lol:

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
block isolate
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2003, 11:18:58 AM »
Sorry, I thought Hendie was talking about something else. No, there's no way to have attachments to the e-mails sent from the forum.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

daron

block isolate
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2003, 11:59:01 AM »
Hendie, I got your dvb file. Thanks. I like it a lot. I don't know how often I'll use it, but I think it will help me learn vba.

hendie

block isolate
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2003, 05:21:52 AM »
no thanks necessary but it's always nice.

I'm going to try and get back on it again. That version was just a "get it up and running" version.
Now I've had a chance to think about it, I think it should be reworked. Presently, there's no way to tell from the gui which blocks have been hidden.
I think the new version should have two list boxes, one showing non hidden blocks and the other showing hidden blocks. It would also be better if you could make multiple selections. and perhaps show the quantities of each block

gives me something to look forward to next week !

daron

block isolate
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2003, 10:52:17 AM »
Good thinking.

daron

block isolate
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2003, 01:00:06 PM »
Hendie, thanks for V2 of the block isolate dvb. It is much better, especially the tooltip when hovering over the copyright text, "jings crivvens... help ma boab". Something odd feeling is that any non-block objects are invisible if anything is set to invisible. Is that a design feature or oversight?

hendie

block isolate
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2003, 04:03:19 AM »
Daron, I figured that "isolating blocks" meant "isolating" in the true sense i.e. leaving only the selected block(s) visible and turning everything else off.
I suppose we could always add a checkbox for "hide non-block objects" so the user could have the option of hiding all the lines,circles etc. or not.

daron

block isolate
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2003, 09:17:51 AM »
That'd be cool.

hendie

block isolate
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2003, 09:27:09 AM »
on it's way... check your e-mail

BTW let me know what you think or if you get any errors etc
I did the last one in a bit of a rush