Author Topic: Bricscad BRX test  (Read 8178 times)

jgr

Re: Bricscad BRX test
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2010, 10:29:55 PM »
 :oops: :oops:

My application is for Acad 2007 and the ownerdraw (commercial) tabcontrol can also display vertical tabs (but I had to pay and the app is not c++).

You're very good programmer, i like much Bricscad & Net, Adolisp ....
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 10:33:43 PM by jgr »

It's Alive!

• BricsCAD
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 12:55:13 AM »
Hi,

I need another test  :laugh:

when you right click on a DWG in the directory tree, the routine will (if needed) create a SQLite database and store the block icons for that drawing. the next time you click on the DWG, the icon list should be populated with the cached icons.. to refresh the cached icons just right click the DWG again.

this should speed up navigating the icons

Thanks

gskelly

• Newt
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 07:56:03 AM »
Hi,

I need another test  :laugh:

this should speed up navigating the icons

Hi Daniel,

- v10.3.16 Pro on WinXP Pro
- loads fine
- starts and displays fine
- crashed Bricscad while dragging around for docking...
- the block image display is not working for me (see image below)
- The iconcache.db appears to be created in the same directory as the ARX module? Might create permission problems for some.

Note the block image display is the same when I tried the module attached to the Block Manager thread http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=32990.msg384539#msg384539 I just thought the preview part was not implemented yet...

Hope it helps...

Edit:
- added cache database
- the crash only occurs when I dock on the right side
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 08:01:51 AM by gskelly »
Bricscad v12

It's Alive!

• BricsCAD
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2010, 11:29:03 AM »
Man! that was a hard bugger to find!  And it was my on dang fault..  :laugh:

I was going to put the database in the programs folder with the install, do you think that will be a problem?

you don't see the icons because Bricscad doesn't have the blockicon command to generate the needed icons yet. I'll try to write something up or file a request.

Thanks again for your help!

gskelly

• Newt
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2010, 01:29:20 PM »
I was going to put the database in the programs folder with the install, do you think that will be a problem?

For my setup... No problem. For some other folks, not sure. Everyone may not have write permission to the installation folder as their daily working user.

You are likely way ahead of me on this but since I am rambling on anyway... will you have a max. size / max. age configuration or user controllable method to purge the cache db?

Glad to help in the small way I can... I am still hooked on the DocTabs!
Bricscad v12

It's Alive!

• BricsCAD
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2010, 02:38:38 AM »
I still have a fair amount of work to do with the database, timestamps & validation, compression, deleting etc..
My goal was to see if the cache made things a bit more responsive for files stored on network drive.

Dan

gskelly

• Newt
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2010, 07:17:49 AM »
I still have a fair amount of work to do with the database, timestamps & validation, compression, deleting etc..
My goal was to see if the cache made things a bit more responsive for files stored on network drive.

Dan

Cool, I can add the database did make it much more responsive with my files on the server as it is... As I figured, you were way ahead of me  :-D
Bricscad v12