Author Topic: Printing Shade  (Read 2677 times)

VerticalMojo

Printing Shade
« on: April 29, 2004, 12:33:00 PM »
Im having a problem with my prints........

I have a color (254), which is a gray shade. Well, when I plot it the outcome should show a shaded color (which represents the existing). Some of the 254 line work and text seemed to show some dark areas. Half of my text is shown in what seems to be double dark line work. The line work seems to be outlined.... Now when I copy the text then print, that text would be fine, but the original wouldn’t..... A buddy of mine told me it was a variable, but couldn’t remember off the top of his head….. anybody heard of this????

Here is a pic of my pen settings for 254......

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
Printing Shade
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 02:42:57 PM »
Are you thinking of TEXTFILL?
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

whodo

Printing Shade
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 03:18:44 PM »
your pen on colour 254 is set to black
change it back to 254 and see if that works

VerticalMojo

Printing Shade
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 04:46:59 PM »
Quote from: CAB
Are you thinking of TEXTFILL?

not really, some portions of the text print correctly.

Quote from: whodo
your pen on colour 254 is set to black
change it back to 254 and see if that works

I tried it and still no go........

I used "copy & paste" and put it in a clean drawing..... then it didn’t happen. But I still wonder what it was.......... :?

-Thanks for the advice though

Jassper

Printing Shade
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 01:19:49 AM »
The only time I have run into this is when the text is called out with two different fonts. A lot of times when you copy and paste fonts it will keep the original type font. This contradicts the font that is called out in your style. an example would be your style called out is Arial - you go into Mtexteditor and select a different font from the drop down list. Or copy and paste - the editor may not know what font to assign. I have had this happen in Word a lot when copying and pasting from other applications. Also copying and pasting into ACAD from notepad.

The other thing to look at is if you have multiple lines of different colors. Depending on the draworder and print settings one will print overtop of the other and vice versa. Some lines are shaded some are black.

More things to look at.

Be Good
Linda

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
Printing Shade
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2004, 04:23:09 AM »
adjust these settings

colour: use object colour

screening: 100%

type this at the command prompt BEFORE you plot

textfill: 1

try this and see if it works

hth

Diarmuid
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
Printing Shade
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2004, 04:24:03 AM »
also  turn greyscale to off, its already grey
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon