Author Topic: AutoCAD flavor poll  (Read 12757 times)

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Re: AutoCAD flavor poll
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 03:37:18 PM »
07 Vanilla and XP Pro

As for LT, I would go crazy if I couldn't use VBA
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 03:38:56 PM »
Above Adesk programmers cubicles....?

If it ain't broke..... put it in a different color box and break it.

craigr

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 03:40:27 PM »
07 Vanilla and XP Pro

So can I use my lack of full AutoCad to explain my behavior?

craigr

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 03:43:43 PM »
Im not sure what you mean by that, but I have tried to program everything into a button like LT requires, and  I thought I was going to go crazy.  Its so much easier in VBA or LISP.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

craigr

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 03:48:38 PM »
My recent behavior -

Someone posted some code for me recently that I told them didn't solve my problem. So I chased the problem the long way around the barn to solve my problem. Then, this moring I gave their code another try and it worked fine. - So I humbly apologized & thanked them.

I have found that I can do most of the things I need by programming them into a macro, it's simply a bunch of keystrokes. But you sometimes need to go the long way around the barn to get it done.

This forum has taught me MUCH about how to draw / edit with the keyboard and avoid the popup menus.

I would think that if I did have the full version of AutoCad, I might come up with something to use VBA &/or Lisp, but since I really don't have a need to learn it right now, I again don't know what I am missing.

I thought about learning VBA for MS Word, but haven't yet. Like many other things, I keep putting it off.

craigr
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 03:51:28 PM by craigr »

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2006, 03:53:50 PM »
I thought about learning VBA for MS Word, but haven't yet. Like many other things, I keep putting it off.

Whats funny about this (not laughing at you, but at myself) is I have no idea what I would use VBA for in Word or Excel.  I can see using Access with forms for data entry, but beyond that, I dont have a clue.

craigr

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 03:59:53 PM »

Whats funny about this (not laughing at you, but at myself) is I have no idea what I would use VBA for in Word or Excel.  I can see using Access with forms for data entry, but beyond that, I dont have a clue.

I often have 3k & 4K page files that I need to sort for certain information then put in a certain order. I have quite a few macros in MS Word to do some of this, but I have to run them MANY times in a large file. I would like to write a VBA to do this with ONE command rather than have to hit 'CTRL-3' MANY times.

I thought about taking a course at the local community college, but will probably just learn it on my own - like I usually do.

craigr

Birdy

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2006, 05:16:20 PM »
07 Vanilla and XP Pro
Same here
I can't use VBA and I do go crazy. ;-)

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 06:12:50 PM »
But this can be fixed
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 06:15:56 PM by CmdrDuh »

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2006, 07:45:49 PM »
But this can be fixed

Yep, you can get tablets for both ailments now.  Check you email ..
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2006, 07:46:56 PM »
AC2006, AC2007, Win XP Pro
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Kate M

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2006, 01:46:12 PM »
Needless to say, we consider LT to be nothing but a joke...   :lmao:

It's not a joke -- you just have to know its capabilities and limitations. There are many disciplines for which LT would be inapprpriate, but there are also several for which it works just fine.

deegeecees

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2006, 01:49:31 PM »
Needless to say, we consider LT to be nothing but a joke...   :lmao:

It's not a joke -- you just have to know its capabilities and limitations. There are many disciplines for which LT would be inapprpriate, but there are also several for which it works just fine.

One Line Schematics

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2006, 01:53:58 PM »
Kate - Cruel arn't they?

They just don't understand that you really don't need to spend multi thousands of dollars on a program.

pmvliet

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2006, 02:00:14 PM »

LT is actually a pretty capable package for the price. Granted 2007LT has gotten pricier as when I bought 2002LT. If you are starting out on your own and want to be legal with software, LT is a very good starting point. I bought 2002LT when I first started as I could afford it a lot easier then the full version. 4 years later, I now had the justification to buy full 2007.

If you are beginning in CAD, LT will serve your purpose for a while. As your expertise gets better and you start streamlining, the full version will then serve it's purpose.

For many companies, LT is more then sufficient. Many companies do not customize or streamline like many of us on TheSwamp.

I'm running 2002LT and 2007 full on XP Pro...
As well as Microstation V8

Pieter