Author Topic: What versions do you support?  (Read 3497 times)

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
What versions do you support?
« on: October 19, 2006, 12:49:45 PM »
How many of you are supporting AutoCAD 2005 with your .NET applications? I have been porting my lisp applications to .NET, and even though the .net classes for 2005 are lacking, I have found (with some help from people in this forum) that in using the combination of P/Invoke and COM that I can do just about everything I need, If I could only do pallets  Anyway just curious on what version of AutoCAD people will make the jump to .NET

Thanks
Dan

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
Re: What versions do you support?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 12:54:23 PM »
I'm on '06 Electrical.  I just started coding in .Net, so I don't really support it.  :-D
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 01:00:46 PM »
I'm not doing any AutoCAD development in .NET yet. As my (no doubt embarrassing but I don't care) C# 101 posts reveal, I'm in the process of learning C#. I won't even touch AutoCAD development using said platform until I've a solid foundation in C# and the BCL. Until then it's Visual LISP / VB6 for me.

I do however think .NET is the future of AutoCAD development (aside from ObjectARX) and why I'm investing now, as late in the day as it may be. Incidentally this is the primary reason I left my employer of 11 years -- they would let me use said technology and I tired of campaigning for it (and working with antiquated tools).

:)
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

Draftek

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 03:23:57 PM »
I'm not supporting any 2005 .net due to the com fiasco.

All new development will be .net along with some arx primarily focusing on 2007 - 2009.

Alexander Rivilis

• Bull Frog
  • Programmer from Kyiv (Ukraine)
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 04:20:33 PM »
Only ObjectARX (native with C++) and AutoLisp in AutoCAD R14...2007!  :)
C# is only hobby. Maybe in future when .NET platform become more stable and bug free and AutoCAD will have full support as far as ObjectARX support... :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 04:23:50 PM by Alexander Rivilis »

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 04:53:16 PM »
I'm only playing, untill the Autodesk API matures. .. do not intend supporting any Acad version prior to AC2007.

Keep in mind that there is more to life that AutoCad. <<- thats for anyone thinking about learning .NET

kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 11:09:58 PM »
Thanks for the replies everyone
That’s the big dilemma for me, where to set the minimum requirements. The application I wrote (lisp/dcl) is for the commercial cabinet industry where a lot of my users still use older versions of cad. I have always liked the fact that it works on any version (2000+) but I can’t support every version forever. I need to grow the app out of lisp/dcl and .Net seems the logical choice.  I need to set new minimum requirements and encourage my users to upgrade or I need to learn ObjectARX which might make my pea brain explode.
Thanks everyone