Author Topic: Dynamic Block Problems  (Read 9059 times)

Shade

Dynamic Block Problems
« on: August 25, 2006, 10:46:44 AM »
I have created a dynamic block in autocad 2007 with the visibility option with 2 states. The VO (visibility Option) work great in the dynamic block dwg, but when I insert it into a new drawing it doesn't work. Any suggestions why? Am I missing a system variable?

I never had problems with the VO in  Autocad 2006, and I think I am pretty well up to date with Dynamic blocks.

Block is available below.

Any help would be appreciated...... :mrgreen:

ELOQUINTET

Re: Dynamic Block Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 12:26:12 PM »
when i try to download it it tells me the file is invalid. can you save it down to 2006 so everyone can test it. and look in help for new system variables associated with dynamic blocks.

Crank

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 02:52:35 PM »
Don't know what caused the strange behaviour. I've replaced the tags and it seems to work fine now.
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection

Crank

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 03:00:59 PM »
Oops. Just noticed the LOCK position is now on. You had it turned off.
Change it in the properties when you are in the BEDIT command.
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection

hudster

• Gator
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 06:47:27 AM »
This is from the AutoCAD 2007 help file.

Note In a dynamic block, an attribute's position must be locked for it to be included in an action's selection set.

That was probably your problem
Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue

whdjr

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 09:19:10 AM »
Here's a concept to consider...

If your attributes are locked they will 'work' with other actions.
If your attributes are not locked they don't 'work' with other actions.

Well...What if you wanted your attributes to 'work' with other attributes and be movable as well.
Here's a TIP...Remove your attributes from all actions.  Then add a point parameter for attributes and an action tying the attributes to the point parameter.  Lastly include only the point parameter (not the action) with the actions previously set to the attributes.

This allows you to include your attributes in the other actions of your block (like rotation) and yet still be able to move the text around.

Hows that for having your cake and eating it too?