Author Topic: Stretching an image  (Read 1628 times)

iliekater

Stretching an image
« on: June 27, 2007, 08:12:42 AM »
Is there way to strech an attached image ? Something like the STRETCH command does . You see , I am only interested to extend an image along X axis . Up to now the only thing I have thought of is to turn it into a block and upon insertion to specify an optim scale factor .

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Re: Stretching an image
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 08:23:02 AM »
Unfortunately that is the only way I know of as well ...
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 11:08:34 AM »
if you have raster design, you can rubbersheet an image, which is similiar to stretch
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 11:15:09 AM »
If you post it, and give good dims on what you want stretched, I can try to do it for you.  Basically what we do is locate points, and a distance away that we stretch.  Those control points are what you use to stretch the image.  Think of an overhead "flyby" image from a plane.  If you have "good" linework from a survey, you "rubbersheet" your image to match your survey data.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

iliekater

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 12:30:10 PM »
This can be done through AutoCAD ?

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 03:34:22 PM »
I decided this is something I could use as well ... so I created something that should work ...

Note: The real time stretching precludes the displaying of osnap glyphs (because I haven't fully implemented it yet), but I did include a glyph that indicates an osnap is available, it just doesn't indicate which one ... also, please note that the pressing of keyboard buttons will cause the program to end unexpectedly ... I have the code written to resolve that, but I have to do testing and implement it .. I might .. I might not .. depends.

The program works by modifying the image pixel size in AutoCAD and has been tested with images that have either no units specified or is specified as inches.

Caveats:
User cannot enter osnap point in response to second selected point of stretch
Unexpected results occur when the stretch selection window begins and/or ends on the object being stretched
Stretching across multiple images results in one or the other being stretched, not both

As always ... if it works ... good .. if it doesn't, let me know what it doesn't do .. I might find the time to look into it.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie