Author Topic: Quick Thanks  (Read 1899 times)

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
Quick Thanks
« on: September 12, 2006, 01:02:48 PM »
Just wanted to give all you civil guys a quick thanks for the recent conversations about your profession.  I just had a good talk with our civil guys this morning about how we view their drawings and how they view ours.  They had not realized that DataCAD didn't have the layer freeze/thaw option so that anything they sent to us that was on a frozen layer ended up being on.  Make the drawing very hard to read and understand.

So now they wblock any drawing they are sending to use.  This way we get what they see on their screen.

Because of you guys, I was able to talk about different aspects of the civil world and look like I knew what I was talking about.  Specially that unit vs. foot stuff!

Thanks again!

Greg

Dinosaur

Re: Quick Thanks
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 01:27:56 PM »
Well Greg, you are welcome, and I would like to thank you for posting.  After Mr. Toad's wild ride in a different thread yesterday, it is heartening to know that something positive went on as well.
Collaboration among disciplines would be much smoother if they would take the simple steps you have described.  It seems instead to be more a game of "well if they are going to send me stuff that looks this bad, lets see what they think of this."  Hopefully other will see your post here and think a bit about what others need to see and how it will be used when you send them your drawings.