Author Topic: capturing the polyline in orderwise  (Read 2588 times)

viva

capturing the polyline in orderwise
« on: August 25, 2006, 06:28:24 AM »
hi everybody,
        iam having polyline features ini the drawing. i want to compare the ending point of the first polyline entity and the starting point of the second polyline entity. for that i had made
ssget "x" (list(cons 0 "lwpolyline")(cons 8 "layername)
these command will work when the user digitize the polyline in one direction. if the user is not digitized in the one direction this logic is not working .  so i had  collect the starting point (coordinates ) of each polyline and make it a list. then i had sort the coordinates .
            according to the coordinates i had capture the polyline and compare the ending point of first entity and starting point of second point . that's also not working. 
         can anyone assist me to proceed the process.  my task is to do pedit thru lisp.

regards
vivek

daron

Re: capturing the polyline in orderwise
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 08:18:47 AM »
Please post your code. It is quite difficult for anyone to understand what you're doing without it. Actually, can you list the process you go through to accomplish what it is that you wish to program, so we can all understand "EXACTLY" what it is that you want.

What do you mean by ending point of the first polyline entity and the starting point of the second polyline entity? Are these two separate, but connected entities or are you speaking of each vertice within a pline entity.

if the user is not digitized in the one direction this logic is not working .
Maybe the logic needs to be changed?

BTW, how proficient with lisp are you? Plines are not the easiest things for beginning lispers to grasp.

uncoolperson

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 10:09:56 AM »
Plines are not the easiest things for beginning lispers to grasp.

could've told me that before

daron

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 10:44:00 AM »
Better late than never, eh?

viva

capturing the polyline in orderwise
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 06:53:16 AM »
hi daron,
       iam very new to autocad and lisp (just 3 months).  my task was to pedit the polylines thru lisp. now i had finished this task successfully.
        thanks for ur reply.

regards
vivek

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 04:55:17 PM »
viva, are you able to post the code you finished ... just as an example to anyone who may have the same requirements in the future :-)
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.