Author Topic: Hiding object vports....help needed.  (Read 2356 times)

t-bear

Hiding object vports....help needed.
« on: April 02, 2004, 11:42:31 AM »
ok, I got a problem.  I am playing with viewports created from objects (circle, polygon....) and they create very clean details.  However, I can't seem to be able to hideplot these vports.  
This is how a vport lists under properties...notice the hideplot option at the bottom:

And this is how an object vport lists: not much there,eh?

As you can see, there is no place to set hideplot and I've tried setting hide objects under the plot options in the plot dialog.....no joy.
Has anyone played with these things?  I can see where they would be nice for 2D details but unless there's a way to hide in 3D, they're worthless.....

MGEE

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 01:11:52 PM »
What Release of Acad? In 2002 I do mview, hideplot, on, and select the vport.
MGEE

t-bear

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 01:26:51 PM »
Mgee...
Thanks a ton, amigo!  That did it.  I *KNEW* yhere had to be a way, but the answer eluded me.
I'm just now playin' with these and I like the ability to create non-standard vports.  You'd-a-thunk I would have looked into these sooner.....

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 06:48:04 PM »
Tbear,

I've had trouble with printing shaded objects (screened colors) on polygon viewports. Don't know if you do any of this.....just FYI.

Ron

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

t-bear

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 09:16:38 PM »
Ron....
Nope....don't do any of that.  All my stuff is shop dwgs and the boys on the floor could care less how purty they look, just so they can build off them.  Don't get me wrong, I put a lot of sweat into those prints!
Talked to the PHBs about doin' some renders but they weren't interested.  Hell, I can hardly keep up with the floor now!
 Thanks for the heads-up though....