Author Topic: Dynamic Block concerns  (Read 1019 times)

ELOQUINTET

Dynamic Block concerns
« on: August 11, 2006, 05:35:36 PM »
I have noticed a few problems here dealing with dynamic Blocks and I'm hoping someone has an answer. For the first block we use the global attribute editor alot and it doesn't work with this dynamic block. The second block has multi0ple visibility states but at times we need to burst our blocks. When i burst the block all of the attributes appear and I have to erase the unwanted text. Has anyone else encountered these problems and does anyone have a solution?

http://www.theswamp.org/lilly_pond/index.php?dir=dan/&file=DYNAMIC%20ELEVATION%20MARK.dwg

http://www.theswamp.org/lilly_pond/index.php?dir=dan/&file=DETAIL%20TITLE.dwg

Bryco

• Water Moccasin
Re: Dynamic Block concerns
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 11:21:56 AM »
The first one needs to be addressed by a lisper.
Opening GATTE.LSP (acad 2006)  I find the date 1999 and no mention of *U.
So this hasn't been updated but it good be by a lisper.
By the way the command works as long as you dont use the dynamic property as it is then the the blockrefs name changes to a *U.
(That sure sounds like a piece of useless information.)

daron

Re: Dynamic Block concerns
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 09:58:46 PM »
For the second one; instead of exploding the block, go in as if you're editing the dynamic block, set the visibility state to that which you desire and copyclip the objects viewed, then paste it into the drawing. Of course, this won't answer the fact that if you have modifications, they may not be recorded, as you will be copying the original objects. Of course, you could always use ncopy from express tools, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend that, since that only works with one nested object at a time.

Better yet, you could do as posted above, but a bit differently. Try erasing all unnecessary visibility states, saving it as a differently named block, then bursting it. Don't know if it will work but it could be worth a try.