Author Topic: How do you know.....  (Read 5444 times)

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
How do you know.....
« on: July 21, 2006, 07:38:59 PM »
How do you know to call
Code: [Select]
using Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Application;
to get the Acad application?
or
Code: [Select]
ed = AcadApp.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor;
to get the editor of Acad?

I have looked through the dll files within SharpDelevop, and have not found any rhyme or reason to how you call things.  I'm trying to learn why/how you (know how to) call them, and from where.

I feel so lost.  :cry:

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: How do you know.....
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 01:03:43 AM »
As far as I know there is no easy way to learn which classes/types are in each namespace.

I have seen several summars of the main stuff .. but can't lay my hands on them at the moment.

This may get you started .. from the help docs.

kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 01:27:14 PM »
Thanks Kerry.  I dl'ed that help file yesterday.  Will read it, and hopefully I can understand it.
Tim

LE

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 01:32:19 PM »
If you want to follow the .NET samples available by adesk, download the VS express (it is free too), once you became somehow familiar and want to use sharpD.... then is up to you.

Look for the document: Ecma-334.pdf where you can read about the language specification, it is available in the microsoft web or here: http://www.andymcm.com/csharpfaq.htm#2.6

As you can see or being find out, it is a lot of reading and researching ahead.

In my own personal opinion it is much easier coming from lisp to move into objectarx, and from there it can be less painful the transition to C#...

Also, you need to mention what acad version you are using, I read from some masters that does not worth the effort to produce C# code for pre-2006 acad versions.... but that is just a comment.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 08:03:31 PM »
... In my own personal opinion it is much easier coming from lisp to move into objectarx, and from there it can be less painful the transition to C#...
I can't agree with this ..

... As you can see or being find out, it is a lot of reading and researching ahead.
... agree with this ;-)

Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 04:50:42 PM »

www1970

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 08:23:56 PM »
tutorial can help you! Autodesk downloaded, at accessories

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 01:56:46 AM »
Thank you all.  I will have a look at this stuff on Monday (hopefully).
Tim

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 11:59:50 AM »
If you want to follow the .NET samples available by adesk, download the VS express (it is free too), once you became somehow familiar and want to use sharpD.... then is up to you.

Look for the document: Ecma-334.pdf where you can read about the language specification, it is available in the microsoft web or here: http://www.andymcm.com/csharpfaq.htm#2.6

As you can see or being find out, it is a lot of reading and researching ahead.

In my own personal opinion it is much easier coming from lisp to move into objectarx, and from there it can be less painful the transition to C#...

Also, you need to mention what acad version you are using, I read from some masters that does not worth the effort to produce C# code for pre-2006 acad versions.... but that is just a comment.
Thanks Luis.  I bookmarked the page, looks helpful.  I will have to look at some of the code posted in the ObjectARX group (here or adesk) and see if I can understand it any easier that I can .NET.  FYI.. ver. 2006 now.  Found the file, and am dl'ing it now.

Tim, This may help too ..

http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/arxref.asp
Downloading the help files now, looks promising.  Thanks for the link Kerry.  In my searches I have found that web site many a times, but never seen that page.

tutorial can help you! Autodesk downloaded, at accessories
I have dl'ed those before, and have read through them.  I kind of understand the coding, but not the how they knew what they were looking for.  Thanks www1970.
Tim