Author Topic: Converting different files to a compiled Electronic Format....  (Read 2249 times)

Kheilmann

I am looking for someway to take a series of different files (.dwf, .xls, Access Reports, etc.) and convert and compile them into one electronic file....such as a tif or pdf.

Does anyone know of any Apps that do this, that I can use with VBA or the VBA host App. (Access, Excel, Acad, etc.)??
Or is there a way to do this through VBA, directly or indirectly?

I know there are pdf converters for each program, but is there a universal method that works with any app.??

I want to eliminate having to print and send multiple copies of multiple files to multiple people.  I know I could print it all out and scan it all to a tif, but I'd like to eliminate the printing (avg. 250 sheets per day) and also refrain from having to manually compile the files by scanning them.  It seems that would not be much easier than faxing/mailing the  printed sheets.

Bob Wahr

Re: Converting different files to a compiled Electronic Format....
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 08:46:49 AM »
PDF Creator will do it although manually.  You can print to it from any program.  Print the first document, on the dialog that comes up, click the "Waiting" button.  Then print the rest of everything that you want.  Now you can go back to the open PDFCreator form Select all of the documents, hit the "Combine" button, then "print" it to PDF.