CAD Forums > CAD General

2005 Vanilla or ADT?

(1/2) > >>

Martin-Y:
We are currently on ADT 3.3 only because the last upgrade was offered at the same price as vanilla. As the ADT upgrade is £300 dearer than vanilla my question, is ADT worth it. Most of my work is Civil engineering below ground and I have no use for doors and windows etc.
Would I be better of picking up say "Autosolids" as an add-on that would give me parametric modelling, as I do frequently create 3d models. I still need Autocad for a reinforcement package that I use.

Dent Cermak:
You are doing Civil work with ADT? Why ? What you need is LDD . LDD contains the Civil pac, the Survey pac and MAP. An architectural pac doesn't do civil very well. Your reseller messed over ya'll big time and sold you something totally innappropriate for your needs. It's time to open a big ole can of whupass.  :twisted: You'll like the profile and and underground utility routines in LDD (Land Developement Desktop). I know it sounds like it's just a survey pac with that name, but it is MUCH more.

Martin-Y:
Actually its not as bad as it sounds, we are still doing concrete profile just that it is all substructure. Oddly enough I did look at LDD some years back but the software developer that I rely on for my reinforcement wouldn't guarantee that it was compatible, they also promised more functionality with ADT (never actually happened).
Now reinforcement in 3d...., that would be an advance!!

PDJ:
Dude, you seriously need to look at LDD again. With LDD you can import your survey shots into AutoCad, draw a polyline where you want your alignment to run, a couple of clicks later, you're looking at a profile of your alignment created by LDD.  With architectural desktop, you'll still be wondering which way the door swing goes.

I've often said LDD is to AutoCad what AutoCad was to manual drafting.  Make sure you take a decent class with the purchase as well. It'll be well worth the time and money.

Paul Jordan
Anchorage, AK

Hangman:
Well, ...  I use ADT, I think its ...

A piece.

Granted, adork came a long way from what they had in R12 and 14, but, I'd take the advice of those before me, Look at LDD and some other items.

ADT is NOT worth the 300 bones you've gotta fork out.   :x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version