Author Topic: duplicated layer name...  (Read 2111 times)

Andrea

• Water Moccasin
duplicated layer name...
« on: July 03, 2006, 03:50:16 PM »
Is this normal ?
Keep smile...

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
Re: duplicated layer name...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 11:09:57 AM »
No.

In earlier versions of AutoCAD you could abuse the table collection via vanilla lisp (entmake) and create duplicate entries but I believe that's been fixed for many years now.

The activex interface normally prevents the creation of duplicated entries as well as preventing subsequent mods that would cause same.

Is it possible there is varying length trailing space (using ascii code 160) at the end of those (seemingly) duplicated layers?
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

Andrea

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 06:08:30 PM »

Is it possible there is varying length trailing space (using ascii code 160) at the end of those (seemingly) duplicated layers?

no....I have check that...

same layer name..
I have also tried this..

1) rename a duplicated layer by "test"
result = it work

2) rename the "test" layer with another to mach exactly the same name of another.
result = it work...no alert....ne message box.

:-o
Keep smile...

Serge J. Gianolla

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 08:15:13 PM »
Andrea,

I checked with the Stadium dwg [Forza Italia  :wink: ] from Samples in 2006, and it does not let you rename to an existing layer name. Error message says the layer has to have a unique name!
I do not know if this is important but in your snapshot the cursor is highlighting XRefs, yet in layer listing it does not have the typical blabla|LayerName?
HTH

Serge J. Gianolla

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 08:22:09 PM »
I do not know if this is important but in your snapshot the cursor is highlighting XRefs, yet in layer listing it does not have the typical blabla|LayerName?

Oops, saw the total number of Layers v Xref layers. My guess is they are in hiding down bottom of boite de dialogue!

Andrea

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 09:03:42 AM »
hmmmm.... :|

is there any variable to set maximum layer on a drawing ?
We have some drawing containing about 14 xref.... :ugly:

OMG !!
Keep smile...