Author Topic: wish list...  (Read 11336 times)

Andrea

• Water Moccasin
wish list...
« on: July 03, 2006, 09:02:36 AM »
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 09:19:04 PM by CAB »
Keep smile...

Tramber

Re: wish list...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 02:08:05 PM »
I'm not a member of AUGI and can't access and don't have the time to tonight. But I'm sure what's in  ^-^

I would be happy ODCL was integrated in Acad.

The question was already asked by a friend of mine, from Canada.
The answer was....well....

By the way, did I guess ?

Andrea

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 03:50:27 PM »
lol !..

Your right Newt !....you win $5.00 ! :angel:
Keep smile...

Tramber

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 03:20:59 AM »
....you win $5.00 ! :angel:

I'm ready to re-invest them immediately in a future ODCL.

I know there is a question of integrating ODCL through VBA at this time, but I don't understand anything and feel completely lost. It's question of VBA all around in the new conversations even if we are in a Visual forum. I want ODCL and nothing else :laugh:

I remember a time in Paris when Carol B. gave a press conference. I was there as a journalist and asked the lady if Autocad had any chance to increase its 3D capabilities. Everybody laughed at me (especially Autodesk France members), and Carol said that if people wanted more 3D, they should buy vertical products (ADT, Revit, Inventor,...etc).

It was 1,5 years ago.

What I want to say is that we never know  :kewl:

jbuzbee

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 09:26:26 AM »
I can't access the AUGI link either - but in response to your last post Bert, Chad created 3 wonderful tools: ObjectDCL, SharpLISP, and Block Extender.  Well, the latter has already been incorporated into AutoCAD.  As far as the other two, I think we'll likely see an AutoLISP.net in the near future.  It's already set up - AutoDESK just needs to finish the wrappers.

You heard it here first!

jb
James Buzbee
Windows 8

Tramber

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 11:42:35 AM »
, and Block Extender.  Well, the latter has already been incorporated into AutoCAD. 

They don't mention Chad in the 2007 documentation and I thought it was not Block Extender but ananother company product, very similar, that had been incorporated. But never mind, what you announce sounds good.

What would be an Autolisp.net ? I don't imagine. Even if I know that .net is a kind of VB, what does that mean ?
Could I keep on being only an autolisper with an Autolisp access to the forms ?

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 05:48:57 PM »
Even if I know that .net is a kind of VB,

nope, dont even whisper that ..  just google NET Framework.

or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.NET_Framework
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

jmaeding

• Bull Frog
  • I'm just here for the Shelties.
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 07:40:04 PM »
what evidence have you seen about autolisp.net?  You are saying there will be an autolisp syntax for .net?
I am trying to picture how that would work.
.net can use the activex API, and the .net API for acad, which are both object based.  I can't imagine how that would work for lisp.
I have a ton of stuff written with ODCL, but only need to have it rewritten for 2009 - we generally upgrade every three years and are on 2006 now.

thanks
James Maeding

jbuzbee

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 07:46:27 PM »
James, apparently there already is "common lisp dotnet".  It's my understanding that the whole reason behind dot net was to bring forth a common runtime for multiple languages.  "Managed Class Wrapper" is the buzzword.  Look what Chad did for AutoLISP.

jb
James Buzbee
Windows 8