Author Topic: Experienced about SDI=0 ?  (Read 8873 times)

Tramber

Experienced about SDI=0 ?
« on: June 27, 2006, 01:50:07 PM »
Since my beginnings with ODCL, I've been forced to use SDI=1.

Since then, I've been able to write reactors. It is very useful to close all dockable forms and things are better for me.

How precautionous do I have to be ? I ever had to face fatal errors on changing the window to another drawing before reactors.

It is different now. But still, if I put SDI=0, it is difficult to manage. Repopulating the form is necessary. But do I have to transmit infos or to empeach to transmit between drawings ?

What is your experience ? And could you show me some postes I should read ? Obeing to what process could some variables and functions migrate from a drawing to another one ? I just need to know if I got things... to know.
Thanks.

Dinosaur

Re: Experienced about SDI=0 ?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 03:16:59 PM »
I am not sure if your application could ever evolve into something used in conjunction with Land Desktop or not, but if so, Land Desktop can not (at least prior to 2007 by some accounts) operate with the SDI setting other than "0" because of the external project data base limitations.

Andrea

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 07:26:15 PM »
We work here with a Client program called ADA.
is a buch of ARX DVB DCL FAS VLX.......all mixed..

Its a terrible program work on SDI set to 1.
and have many bug if we chage this variable to 0.
also....many other bug if changing LTSCALE, MAXACTVP and other variables...

so i think the best is if you can......less variables are used by a routine..better it is.

tell me if i'm wrong..
Keep smile...

Tramber

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 03:56:53 AM »
So you mean that it is more a question of internal variables interactions than personnal variables.

Andrea

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 06:36:49 AM »
So you mean that it is more a question of internal variables interactions than personnal variables.

^-^ yep !
Keep smile...