Author Topic: Paper Shredding  (Read 10860 times)

M-dub

Paper Shredding
« on: June 19, 2006, 01:32:43 PM »
Are any of you required to shred all hard copies of drawings / mark ups?  They're getting paranoid all of a sudden here and just bought all kinds of shredders (One for each office).  They obviously didn't ask anyone about the needs in the drawing office because we need a BIG one.  I was just wondering if anyone has one and what make and model it was.

Thanks!

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
Re: Paper Shredding
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 01:50:48 PM »
I'd suggest looking into a paper shreadding service.  For the amount you company will be spending on replacing shredders, in the end it will probably be cheaper.  Not to mention the time that will be saved because people arn't standing around putting 2 sheets through each time.  Also, you don't have to worry about a larger size for the drawings.

Gluck!

M-dub

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 01:55:03 PM »
I'd suggest looking into a paper shreadding service.

So would I... In fact, I DID!  It was too late, though...not that it would have mattered, but whatever... I just keep shaking my head.

"We don't make sense here, we make ______."

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 02:03:08 PM »
  You should look into someone to shake your head for you also.

Volunteers?  :evil:

M-dub

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 02:05:14 PM »
Oh, I'm sure you'll get a few hands raised for that job!

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 02:06:36 PM »
*Runs off to borrow a paint mixer*

Bob Wahr

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 02:16:31 PM »
M-dub, forget a paper shredder.  Get a tree shredder.  It will handle not only sheets but rolls and shreds into something better than wussy little strips.

M-dub

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 02:31:00 PM »
M-dub, forget a paper shredder.  Get a tree shredder.  It will handle not only sheets but rolls and shreds into something better than wussy little strips.

I laughed when I first saw Tree Shredder, but the smile quickly turned into a raised eyebrow of approval.  That wouldn't be a bad idea!

Unfortunately, I JUST heard what their solution is.  They're going to bring up the big old heavy duty one from the basement andn put it right beside the plotter.  We'll see how this goes...  After some quick oragami, we should be able to get one or two E-size drawings at a time.  :roll:

uncoolperson

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 02:41:19 PM »
get a cage full of hamsters...

Lin-Z

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 02:42:02 PM »
Don't forget to stock up on bandaids.  Sounds like you're just begging for some nasty paper cuts.   :-)

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 02:56:47 PM »
Unfortunately, I JUST heard what their solution is.  They're going to bring up the big old heavy duty one from the basement andn put it right beside the plotter.  We'll see how this goes...  After some quick oragami, we should be able to get one or two E-size drawings at a time.  :roll:

Make sure you line it up so that everything that comes off the plotter goes right into the shredder.  This will save everyone a lot of time!

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 02:58:12 PM »
  Wouldn't a match be an acceptable substitute?   :evil:

Make sure you line it up so that everything that comes off the plotter goes right into the shredder. 

:-D

M-dub

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 03:01:16 PM »

Make sure you line it up so that everything that comes off the plotter goes right into the shredder.  This will save everyone a lot of time!

You read my mind!  I was going to suggest that we put it right below the plotter instead of beside it.  It will complete the Garbage In - Garbage Out - Garbage In - Garbage Out loop.  :)

Bob Wahr

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 03:19:28 PM »
You need a scanner between them.  Picture this, drawing commes off plotter directly into scanner where the project/sheet numbers are read.  As the paper leaves the scanner it feeds into the shredder as the program that read the drawing info from the scanner hunts down and deletes the file from the server.

PHX cadie

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 03:23:49 PM »
We're all going to lose our jobs to machines  :cry:
Acad 2013 and XM
Back when High Tech meant you had an adjustable triangle