Author Topic: Managed HotKeys  (Read 54435 times)

LE

Re: Managed HotKeys
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2007, 10:46:21 PM »
), registered all them except for STDOLE2.TLB. (can't do it).

Kelie;

There is a tool here:

http://www.vbcodemagician.dk/resources/ccrpregutil.htm

By Brad Martinez

And can be use to install TLB's too [ocx - dll] (I been using it for so many years)

FengK

« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2007, 02:51:04 AM »

FengK

« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2007, 04:43:00 PM »
Is anyone using Hotkeys with Civil3D? I tried compiling the project using acdbmgd.dll and acmgd.dll from C:\Program Files\Autodesk Civil 3D 2007. It reported 9 warnings, but no errors. After NETLOADing the dll, AutoCAD Civil3D 2007 crashes as soon as any hotkey combination is pressed. Any comments? Thanks!

paulmcz

• Bull Frog
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2007, 05:37:18 PM »
Is anyone using Hotkeys with Civil3D? I tried compiling the project using acdbmgd.dll and acmgd.dll from C:\Program Files\Autodesk Civil 3D 2007. It reported 9 warnings, but no errors. After NETLOADing the dll, AutoCAD Civil3D 2007 crashes as soon as any hotkey combination is pressed. Any comments? Thanks!

I had problems with making HotKeys work in Vanilla 2007. I tried many things but only when I added HotKeys folder in Program Files in the AutoCAD's search path, it solved the problem. I don't know if this will work in Civil3D but it could be worth to try it.

Chuck Gabriel

« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2007, 06:47:32 PM »

Sorry Kelie.  I know absolutley nothing about Civil3D.

FengK

« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2007, 02:26:21 AM »
I had problems with making HotKeys work in Vanilla 2007. I tried many things but only when I added HotKeys folder in Program Files in the AutoCAD's search path, it solved the problem. I don't know if this will work in Civil3D but it could be worth to try it.

thanks for your reply. i tried what you suggested and it didn't fix the problem.

FengK

« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2007, 02:29:31 AM »
Sorry Kelie.  I know absolutley nothing about Civil3D.

That's quite alright, Chuck. I rarely use Civil3D myself. Since I have it installed, I wanted to see if Hotkeys can be used in it.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2008, 10:22:56 PM »
I tried to set up Hotkeys on a new computer (from Dell). When using HotKeysEdit.exe, I got an error. Please see attched image. I'm guessing one of the old .ocx or .dll is missing or not registered properly on the new computer? Anyone has a clue?

Thanks!

(btw, just noticed .bmp file is not allowed as attachment here.)

i was able to fix this problem by installing the arx version (using the setup file HotKeys2004Setup_4.0.0.3.exe). since the arx version doesn't work with AutoCAD 2007, i uninstalled it right away. but the problem with HotKeyEdit was fixed.

On a new installation, I'm having the same issue with the Editor ..
Can some kind soul please post the HotKeys2004Setup_4.0.0.3.exe so I can try Kelie's solution.
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

paulmcz

• Bull Frog
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2008, 11:15:27 PM »
Here you go

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2008, 03:43:46 AM »
Thanks Paul  .. much appreciated .. the .EXE worked a treat
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

FengK

« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2008, 12:46:26 PM »
Just noticed a problem.  When editing MText (command MTEDIT), AutoCAD crashes if a hotkey combination is pressed.  Error messge is:
FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e0434f4dh Exception at 7c812a5bh.  Not sure if others have the same problem.  It does not happen when editing Text or Block attributes.  Thanks.

An update for this problem. This behavior only occurs when system variable MTEXTED is set to OLDEDITOR. (In most cases, I don't like the new MTEXT editor).

FengK

« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2008, 07:35:47 PM »
Kelie found a bug in the last version of HotKeys that I posted in this thread.  Basically, key combinations that already have some action assigned to them by vanilla AutoCAD would do those actions in addition to whatever commands you assigned to them using HotKeys.  I *think* the attached file will fix the bug.  Please let me know if I am wrong.

Chuck,

Can you tell me which part of the code is relevant to this problem? I looked through your code and could not spot it. The reason why I asked is because I would really like to get a working version of Hotkeys for Civil3D, but my C# knowledge is VERY limited. So I'm thinking of using a totally different approach: I'll use Python to monitor the key press event system wide, when a predefined key combination occurs, the corresponding commands will be sent to AutoCAD if the AutoCAD Application is active. It doesn't seem to be a difficult task, but I don't know how to turn off the default action associated with a particular key combination, such as "Alt+F" to pop up the "File" menu.

Thanks!

Chuck Gabriel

« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2008, 07:08:19 AM »
Kelie found a bug in the last version of HotKeys that I posted in this thread.  Basically, key combinations that already have some action assigned to them by vanilla AutoCAD would do those actions in addition to whatever commands you assigned to them using HotKeys.  I *think* the attached file will fix the bug.  Please let me know if I am wrong.

Chuck,

Can you tell me which part of the code is relevant to this problem? I looked through your code and could not spot it. The reason why I asked is because I would really like to get a working version of Hotkeys for Civil3D, but my C# knowledge is VERY limited. So I'm thinking of using a totally different approach: I'll use Python to monitor the key press event system wide, when a predefined key combination occurs, the corresponding commands will be sent to AutoCAD if the AutoCAD Application is active. It doesn't seem to be a difficult task, but I don't know how to turn off the default action associated with a particular key combination, such as "Alt+F" to pop up the "File" menu.

Thanks!

It's been a while, but I assume that bug must have been caused by returning the result of CallNextHook from the hook procedure rather than just returning 1.

Are you subclassing the AutoCAD window, or are you using hooks?

FengK

« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2008, 01:16:09 PM »
It's been a while, but I assume that bug must have been caused by returning the result of CallNextHook from the hook procedure rather than just returning 1.

Thanks Chuck. Is this the line?
return WindowsHook.CallNextHookEx(hHook, code, wParam, lParam);

I don't know how to write the WindowsHook class in Python yet. Maybe there is another way. I have no clue.

Are you subclassing the AutoCAD window, or are you using hooks?

I'm going to use pyHook to monitor system keyboard event.Not just in AutoCAD, so I need to check if AutoCAD is active. This part is not difficult.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 01:19:14 PM by Kelie »

Chuck Gabriel

« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2008, 02:27:13 PM »
Can you post your code?  I can muddle my way through Python code.  I might be able to identify the problem.