Author Topic: Managed HotKeys  (Read 54414 times)

Chuck Gabriel

Re: Managed HotKeys
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2007, 07:02:59 PM »
Thanks guys.

Since HotKeysEdit is a VB6 app, I used GetModuleFileName to figure out where I was running from.  I actually tried to use Command$, but apparently that is only valid inside sub main.

I am aware of one other minor registry-related issue, but since nobody has ever mentioned it as a bug, I'm pretending it doesn't exist.

On a somewhat unrelated issue that may interest Glenn and Kerry, and perhaps a few others, acedGetVar and its managed equivalent both return a value of 1 for the CMDACTIVE system variable regardless of whether a modal dialog is active.  Don't you just love when the implementation disagrees with the documentation? :-p

FengK

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2007, 05:54:13 PM »
Just tried the revised HotkeyEdit and it works fine.  Thanks Chuck.  One question, after saving the modified the .xml file, does user have to restart AutoCAD for the new hotkey definition to work? I remember (not 100% sure) when using the .arx version, it wasn't necessary.

Thanks.

Chuck Gabriel

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2007, 08:28:54 PM »
You definitely don't have to restart AutoCAD.  You're not even supposed to have to reload your key definitions, but I don't know whether that feature is actually working.  At most, you should have to press Ctrl-K twice (or type the TOGGLEKEYS command twice, or type the KEYSOFF command followed by the KEYSON command).

FengK

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2007, 05:29:19 PM »
Chuck, KEYSOFF followed by KEYSON works.  Thanks again.

Glenn R

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2007, 06:34:55 PM »
Wax on, wax off...:D

FengK

« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2007, 03:17:41 PM »
Just noticed a problem.  When editing MText (command MTEDIT), AutoCAD crashes if a hotkey combination is pressed.  Error messge is:
FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e0434f4dh Exception at 7c812a5bh.  Not sure if others have the same problem.  It does not happen when editing Text or Block attributes.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 03:21:54 PM by Kelie »

Chuck Gabriel

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2007, 10:18:21 AM »
Has anyone else experienced the bug Kelie described above?

Kelie - Do you have the setting that allows the CapsLock status to influence key combos turned on?

FengK

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2007, 11:33:19 AM »
Chuck, that option is not turned on. Thanks.

FengK

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2007, 01:12:46 PM »
I tried to set up Hotkeys on a new computer (from Dell). When using HotKeysEdit.exe, I got an error. Please see attched image. I'm guessing one of the old .ocx or .dll is missing or not registered properly on the new computer? Anyone has a clue?

Thanks!

(btw, just noticed .bmp file is not allowed as attachment here.)

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2007, 01:18:54 PM »

Can you convert to png (preferred) or jpg? Bmps are notoriously bloated compared to the alternatives (like in a 10:1 magnitude). Thanks!

Edit: I see you figure it out; nevermind.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

Chuck Gabriel

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2007, 01:36:00 PM »
I never got around to creating an installer for the managed version, but I'll take a look at the installer script for the unmanaged version when I get home and let you know what files need to be registered.

FengK

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2007, 01:44:11 PM »
Thanks a lot Chuck.

Chuck Gabriel

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2007, 07:15:08 PM »
Here is the list of files the installer registers:

COMCAT.DLL
comdlg32.ocx
HotKeyControl.ocx
OLEAUT32.DLL
OLEPRO32.DLL
MSCOMCTL.OCX
MSFLXGRD.OCX
msxml4.dll
regobj.dll
STDOLE2.TLB

FengK

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2007, 08:47:16 PM »
Chuck,

I copied all these files to system32 directory (most of them are already there), registered all them except for STDOLE2.TLB. (can't do it). Getting the same error when using HotKeysEdit.

Another problem I'm having is after NETLOAD the Hotkeys.dll, I'm getting "unknown command" response when using the KEYSCONFIG command. It seems the dll file was not actually loaded. This should have nothing to do with other .dll, .ocx or .tlb, right?

Thanks.

FengK

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2007, 09:00:59 PM »
I tried to set up Hotkeys on a new computer (from Dell). When using HotKeysEdit.exe, I got an error. Please see attched image. I'm guessing one of the old .ocx or .dll is missing or not registered properly on the new computer? Anyone has a clue?

Thanks!

i was able to fix this problem by installing the arx version (using the setup file HotKeys2004Setup_4.0.0.3.exe). since the arx version doesn't work with AutoCAD 2007, i uninstalled it right away. but the problem with HotKeyEdit was fixed.