Author Topic: LETS ROTATE !!  (Read 5796 times)

Dent Cermak

LETS ROTATE !!
« on: March 10, 2004, 11:11:37 AM »
Got a nice topo job from the Boss today. He wants me to go ahead and contour the puppy. No problem. This is what I live for !! BUT......at a later date he is going to come back with the boundary info and will want me to ROTATE the entire drawing to deed bearings. (I know this is "cart before the horsie", but that's how he does stuff. (wrap my little fingers around his scrawny neck and squeeze!!!) :twisted:  :twisted:
AEC objects do not like to be rotated. My client's cannot handle AEC contours, so I end up exploding them and that will let me rotate them.(They are CHEAP Architects that use some wierd drafting package that makes Corel Draw look like Intergraph.) Is there ANY way that I can operate on the surface and the srf-view data and have it all move and rotate with the rest of the drawing? Seems like when I try that now the tin just sits there and won't budge. Or will I have to rebuild the surface from scratch and re-edit the entire thing? Remember too, that in order to give these cheap guys what they can work with, I am working this mess in R14. :shock:

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
LETS ROTATE !!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 12:45:55 PM »
Can you rotate the UCS to match the deed bearings, wblock the entire thing (which should set current UCS to world) then reinsert it into one with the correct world UCS?....

It works for me here.....
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie