Author Topic: Land Desktop vs Civil 3d.  (Read 7670 times)

therock003

Re: Land Desktop vs Civil 3d.
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 10:52:43 AM »
These three extensions on c3d 2009 are they displayed on th menu,or do you have to enable them somehow?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 10:58:11 AM »
They will become menu Items, Or Desktop Icons (with 2009), I think they install automatically by default.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 01:48:20 PM »
Almost....
Softdesk was a DCA product.
When Autodesk bought softdesk, it was then re-branded .....
Ya know, that's what I had thought, too. But I stumbled across my original SDSK8 box yesterday.....the Autodesk logo is prominent, and the fine print says
Quote from: The Box
Autodesk, The Autodesk logo, Softdesk, and AutoCAD are registered in the U.S. Patent Office by Autodesk, Inc. <snipped a bunch of stuff about CAD Overlay> Copyright 1997 Autodesk, Inc.
I do not have the SDSK7 box to check, so all I can narrow it down to is: sometime after ADCADD but before SDSK8, is when Autodesk acquired "the package".

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 02:30:38 PM »
Cool forensic CAD archeology......Digging into history without getting dirty!
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 07:29:22 PM »
Quote from: Jeff_M
Ya know, that's what I had thought, too. But I stumbled across my original SDSK8 box yesterday.....the Autodesk logo is prominent, and the fine print says
Quote from: The Box
Autodesk, The Autodesk logo, Softdesk, and AutoCAD are registered in the U.S. Patent Office by Autodesk, Inc. <snipped a bunch of stuff about CAD Overlay> Copyright 1997 Autodesk, Inc.
I do not have the SDSK7 box to check, so all I can narrow it down to is: sometime after ADCADD but before SDSK8, is when Autodesk acquired "the package".
Yea, either Autodesk released S8 or I'm thinking they just re-branded the boxes after the purchase until LDT was ready (circa 1998?) .