Author Topic: Database Recovery Problem - "Formatting Text"  (Read 1806 times)

tcdan

Database Recovery Problem - "Formatting Text"
« on: June 02, 2005, 03:08:45 PM »
OK, so I have a 7MB drawing that I cannot open now - that would mean about 40 hours of my friend's work down the tube.  I haven't saved it since yesterday but plotted several tabs out of it this morning (it contains ~30 tabs).  I just tried to open it, and it seemed to be doing fine. . . until the system tray in the bottom left says it is "formatting text".  Now it won't open.  I tried recovering it and the same thing happens - it can recover the drawing just fine, but when it starts opening it cannot get past formatting the text.  The computer will use 100% of its processing power according to Task Manager - and then the program will stop responding.

I guess it is going through the drawing replacing unrecognized text styles with ones on my PC, but it makes no sense why it just started failing to complete the process (whatever it is).

Please help!!

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 03:14:39 PM »
Upload the drawing to the Lily pond.

http://theswamp.org/lilly_pond/

Use your username and password to gain access.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

tcdan

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 03:18:14 PM »
The drawing uses xref's - just to let you know.  I'm wondering if I could include a script or LISP that runs before the file opens and corrects the problem (like tells it NOT to format the text or something).  I just sent a request to the Lilly Pond to have my dwg uploaded.

tcdan

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 03:20:29 PM »
OK - my buddy just opened up his BACKUP version so I think we're cool. . . but I would still like to know how to avoid this in the future (and how to keep the file from taking so LONNNNG to open too).

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 03:21:53 PM »
Sounds like you have a ton of text in the drawing or xrefs that use a True Type Font.

Custom Build PC

tcdan

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 03:40:23 PM »
The file is uploaded if you still want to try and open it up

hendie

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 03:21:19 AM »
Quote from: tcdan
The drawing uses xref's - just to let you know.  I'm wondering if I could include a script or LISP that runs before the file opens and corrects the problem (like tells it NOT to format the text or something).  I just sent a request to the Lilly Pond to have my dwg uploaded.

Look into font mapping ~ it sounds like it could be something to do with TTF's, so you could map all the TTF's to use simplex or something similar

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 10:06:05 AM »
I could not get that drawing you posted to open. :x

Custom Build PC