CAD Forums > Vertically Challenged

Bricscad vs. Civil 3D

<< < (2/3) > >>

cadtag:
That would require an EDMS that was designed to accommodate the additional related/required files.  No different tha handling Xref DWGs or DGN references -- the EDMS has to be designed to deal with that.

dgorsman:
That's one of the problems I've run across trying to implement EDMS - those tasked with selecting/rolling it out only think about the DWG/drawing files and not any of the extras, like Navisworks NWC cache files.  They regenerate automatically so it might not be such a big deal, but when you're looking at a full plant with tens of thousands of objects just opening it takes a lot less with the NWC already generated.

alanjt:
Been doing a bit of reading on it and I think I'm going to request a demo.
Will report back.

BIGAL:
alanjt they refer to 71 options could only find 43 descriptions. Would like to see a full list.

Not sure if it does road designs, drainage, sewer etc.

Like others here Civil Site Design works great with Bricscad can get a trial, the company behind the software has been doing it since the 80's. Lots of video tutorials new ones being added all the time. https://civilsitedesign.com/

nobody:
Every month someone asks "What about Bricscad"... every answer is always the same. 

What I think: If Bricscad was the software to be using, people wouldn't have to ask "what about Bricscad"   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version