Author Topic: Delete all layouts?  (Read 4990 times)

KewlToyZ

Re: Delete all layouts?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 02:45:14 PM »
I was wondering if you guys have a work around for 2008 and its tendency to go to an empty environment?
I was trying to do a new from template at the start of the process but it seems to stall out the process because the new file creates a new empty command set. This wasn't a problem in 2007.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 03:10:12 PM »
Nevermind, I just added a (command "resume") to the lisp file I referenced.

I am curious if anyone else finds the 2008 nature to close out to an empty (no menus, no drawing) a major pain without really serving any purpose.
Everytime I network custom menus and it attempts to close out, the environment hangs up.
I used Etherreal to test against it but it would appear to just be something local that has it hang in memory rather than looking for a file. I just don't understand how this translates to a feature. If the drawing is closed there is no further use for the environment to be open?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 04:06:02 PM by KewlToyZ »

deegeecees

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 04:32:14 PM »
I think AD elected to keep the AutoCad app running like that for certain situations, i.e. batch process's, SDI env., etc. Just my unschooled opinion.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 11:05:29 PM »
Just my unschooled opinion.
LOL your on top of more than I sir!

I find a few batching utilities are stalling with it unless I open an additional window.
I'm suspicious it may be the MdiTab17.arx file that creates tabs for all of the files in the drawing environment.
I wish they would just integrate the feature into the CAD environment to begin with, but this may be the very reason they haven't.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 05:54:34 PM »
I'm seriously missing something though when it comes to just doing a qnew at the start of a routine?
If I dont have an extra file open, the entire interface is super slow hanging when it tries to unload and reload the AEC libraries for the menus. Really a stupid process with MEP, hence why I felt the mepty envrionment kills and stalls batch processes so much.

If A new file opens it clears to a new command line history so it won't do it I guess????
Never ran into the need before now so I never knew an issue existed.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2007, 09:09:33 PM »
What is really kicking me in the head though?
It runs perfectly on Vista Ultimate, and gives me grief on XP!

I'll post a package in a few days when I finish it out.
That batch routine has been an awesome crutch, I have to thank Tim for it again!
So far it has allowed me to actually gain on general labor and productivity issues with client file handling.

We have had a great deal of grief with 2008 MEP and version conflicts.
The most honest thing I can say is that projects are being handled as CAD files so AEC removal has become a major crutch as well. Getting ADT 2005 projects has resulted in strange bug entity points being generated miles away from origin in the Z-Axis. So I AEC Export after setting all points in the Z axis to 0.

The major drawback to the routines is it replaces the initial Drawing1.dwg in memory on XP but doesn't in Vista. When this happens, every close of a file is trying to unload the menus and compile the cui/mnl files. Slows the entire process badly due to ABS.cui and all of our general customizations. I beleive it is a bug using the MdiTab17.arx file with 2008. If I do a new file from a template it stalls. So before I run the routine I have to open a qnew Drawing2.dwg. It sort of works....

I've been testing and refining for handling a more or less general formatting system to remove some guesswork and production failures by using some sugar for my users and taking the manual tasks out for a change.

The 2008 MEP Unreconciled Layers (bug/feature - who uses it?) issue is a major drawback but the batching utility lets me at least have a viable workaround. The work around let me apply more general formatting to try and smooth out the project work flow for the office. If I can actually get a few months out of it, I would be happy.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 09:34:57 PM by KewlToyZ »