Author Topic: Numeric Delimiters in Map Annotations?  (Read 2546 times)

sinc

Numeric Delimiters in Map Annotations?
« on: November 07, 2006, 09:57:07 PM »
I'm using Map Annotations to label areas on my plats.  Our current plat is composed of rather large lots.  Is there an easy way to get the larger numbers (>10000) to have a delimiter?

Currently, I use an Expression like this to grab the area from my Topology:
Code: [Select]
(strcat (rtos :AREA@TPMCNTR_LOTS 2 0) " SF")
so I end up with labels like:

43560 SF

and I would like to get:

43,560 SF

I would prefer that numbers less than 10,000 have no delimiter, as with:

1000 SF
9999 SF
10,000 SF

It seems as though I could write some sort of custom Lisp parsing routine, but this is one of those things that seems like it should be easy in Autocad...

LE

Re: Numeric Delimiters in Map Annotations?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 10:23:24 PM »

sinc

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 10:40:29 PM »
The routine seems to work, but I can't seem to get it to work in Expressions.

Looking through the help, it looks like Expressions are extremely limited.  There are a few pre-defined functions, and that seems to be it.  If there's any way of creating a user-defined function or calling a Lisp routine in an Expression, I can't find it.

Annotations come in as attributed blocks.  So it would be possible to write a routine lets the user select existing annotations, and have commas added to the areas.  If it becomes necessary to refresh the Annotations, the user would probably have to run the routine again to put the commas back in the refreshed Annotations.  This should work, but it seems like an awful lot of effort.

LE

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 10:48:52 PM »
I will say that in plain jane lisp - nope

I had use regular expression in C++ - but right now I am kind of busy writting other functions.... if I had I chance, I might try to post something.

Please, if you can post more samples of what are you trying to accomplish - as I mentioned here before - I had just two brain cells left - so be patience....  :-)

sinc

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 11:20:42 PM »
I will say that in plain jane lisp - nope

I had use regular expression in C++ - but right now I am kind of busy writting other functions.... if I had I chance, I might try to post something.

Please, if you can post more samples of what are you trying to accomplish - as I mentioned here before - I had just two brain cells left - so be patience....  :-)

Well, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with regular expressions...   :-)

You may need to be familiar with Map and Annotations to understand what I'm doing.  Then you would know what I mean by Text Expressions.

LE

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 09:30:00 AM »
Well, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with regular expressions...   :-)

You may need to be familiar with Map and Annotations to understand what I'm doing.  Then you would know what I mean by Text Expressions.

I misinterpreted your previous post, sorry - no time to learn map -  :-)