Author Topic: Turning a Parcel Label back to Visible?  (Read 1803 times)

Ken

Turning a Parcel Label back to Visible?
« on: February 01, 2007, 01:05:12 PM »
I apologize if this question has been asked and answered already, but I've searched and just haven't been able to find the fix.

We're working with a Civil 3D parcel and didn't need to show the label, so we turned the visibility to off. Now of course we want it back on and with nothing to pick, we can't find a way to change the visibility back to on. It's probably a simple thing, but if somebody can help figure this out, I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

Ken

Lin-Z

Re: Turning a Parcel Label back to Visible?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 01:11:54 PM »
If you can recall the name/number of the parcel, you can change the style on the Toolspace.  I don't have the software loaded right now, but I can't remember if the Properties of a lot line will give you a clue as to what parcel it belongs to (Wish List item?)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 11:51:22 AM »
Select the Parcel
Right-Click and Select Edit Parcel, or Edit Label Style
Verify on the GENERAL Tab that the visibility is set to TRUE
OR
In the Settings tree, select the parcel label style you want to update and right-click. Click Edit.
In the Label Style Composer, click the Layout tab.
On the Layout tab, select a label style component from the Component Name list. 
Verify that all are set to Visible
Also check the General Tab, for the Visibility Settings as well.

A better Option;
In the Future, instead of EDITING a style, Copy it and Rename to NO Label or similar, thus you then only need to swap styles.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Ken

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 01:37:36 PM »
Michael,

Thanks for the reply. After trying your ideas and everything else I could think of, I came to the conclusion that the guy working on this had done something more than just turn the visibility of the label off to screw this parcel up. Once I showed him how to go into Prospector, find the Parcel, get to Parcel Properties and on the Composition Tab, set the label style to <none>, I think the problem will be solved in the future. Hopefully he won't try to get creative with parcel labels again. We're just starting to get deeper into Parcels, so this was just one of those "Leasons Learned" things, that we had to go through.

Thanks again for the help, I'm sure it will come in handy down the road.

Ken