Author Topic: (Microstation) Cell files/folders  (Read 2799 times)

PHX cadie

• Water Moccasin
(Microstation) Cell files/folders
« on: July 30, 2007, 03:36:19 PM »
Do cell files/folders have to be loaded every session? ?  :?

It seems I'll load a file or folder, then have to do it again the next day or next session and it seems like its only one file or folder loaded at a time.
Acad 2013 and XM
Back when High Tech meant you had an adjustable triangle

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
Re: Cell files/folders
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 03:40:47 PM »
If you "save settings" it will remember the folder you have loaded. Ours is locked-down so tight we cannot change things like that so I wouldnt know where to look to have more than one cell library loaded..

Sorry I know thats not too much help :-(
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.

Arizona

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 04:43:13 PM »
Do cell files/folders have to be loaded every session? ?  :?

It seems I'll load a file or folder, then have to do it again the next day or next session and it seems like its only one file or folder loaded at a time.
This is a configuration setting. You can set this to read an entire directory/folder by using a *
This can be set by the user through the configuration settings but may be controlled and locked through the config file. This is the easier route to take if you have access :-)

PHX cadie

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 11:22:18 PM »
Thanks, you guys are awesome! !
If you "save settings" it will remember the folder you have loaded.

Sure seems kinda weird to me to exit, without clicking save, but :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:'d if you don't have to save settings for everything else.

This is a configuration setting. You can set this to read an entire directory/folder by using a *
This can be set by the user through the configuration settings but may be controlled and locked through the config file. This is the easier route to take if you have access :-)

Ya know, .......that was going to my second choice. Yup I was going straight to the configuration setting and check the....... umm..... uh....the settings. For anyone new to MS, the configuration settings are NOT in the settings pull down, so don't waste any time looking there. You're time would be much better spent reading up on the configuration settings, so all the options can be properly evaluated, because those settings are NOT found in the settings pulldown...

:oops:
 :-)
Acad 2013 and XM
Back when High Tech meant you had an adjustable triangle

Arizona

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 06:24:01 AM »
Ya know, .......that was going to my second choice. Yup I was going straight to the configuration setting and check the....... umm..... uh....the settings. For anyone new to MS, the configuration settings are NOT in the settings pull down, so don't waste any time looking there. You're time would be much better spent reading up on the configuration settings, so all the options can be properly evaluated, because those settings are NOT found in the settings pulldown...
You can spend a very long time trying to figure this conglomeration of config files out, I have. I think I'm finally starting to understand, although the biggest hurdle was moving past the "Why did they do that?" kinds of things.
Also did we mention that you must attach your cell libraries each time you need them. It won't be long and I will have ours at the click of "another $%#@ button" instead of 20 picks and clicks :?

<Spock> Live long and prosper <\Spock>